Dany12

Crowing
12 Years
Aug 20, 2011
Hungary
"Light" Pied or " loud" Pied.

Like this beautiful bird from George Connerhills:

..... or whiter !
A low coloured bird , no more than 20% colored.... no one white eye !

I thing the only way is ... selection !

Here the Australian selection ... and the result : Reverse Pied.
http://upaforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=9042&sid=be5e14027781f63d3411432cd99dcdc6

But there no other way ?
Using a silver pied peacock !

Then reduce the influence of WE gene like here whith this Spalding pied from Legg's Farm:

Here a beautiful ... a little bit expensive !
http://www.thetaxidermystore.com/piebald-white-indian-peacock-taxidermy-mount-for-sale-11882.html

A peahen with a white head ... something very ... very rare !

IB Silver pied X IB pied = ?

Last edited:
Wow so a loud pied to you would be a pied that looks like a silver pied?

I guess I don't like loud pied. I like more of a 50% white 50% color mix. I really like this peacock that was in a previous post. This is what always came to my mind when talking about loud pied.

Everyone has their own ideals when it comes to pieds. Mine is the train. I like a pied with a neat looking train like the one in the photo. The ones with color on the left and right and white down the center I really like, and of course I really loved my Dragon who had one white eye feather in the center of his train. I also like interesting face markings on them.

O K .. actually I sold that bird to the lady in Fla. . She wanted him to breed from with her silver pied. No problem here.. If you look at him for a while and not just look at the colors, note the stand of his legs and how they are wide apart and his confirmation is good to make a good breeder. He did produce some very nice Pied Spalding's with a fair amount of green color showing up as he was not from a high percentage green bird to start with. connerhills

This is that pied peacocks full sister, plus her chick that recently hatched, father is my white posted earlier.... Also a loud pied to me is more white than colour.

Thanks Zaz! Now I remember reading that some time back, but of course with CRS I didn't retain it very well.

So perhaps my yearlings will still have silver on them? I wouldn't think that very likely.
Like i said his were the only peach silver pieds i could find and i saw no silver...

of course you know what a black shouldered silver pied looks like it has the silver back feathers and is so beautiful , i guess the muted colors can not have silver feathers so you rely on genetics to really describe the birds when silver is not visible , sure does confuse one though when you are trying to figure out how the word silver got in there LOL

I can get pictures of my peach silver pied peacock's back feathers. I too was anticipating to see silver feathers. They aren't silver, but there is a noticeable color difference in some feathers.

Back
Top Bottom