How to create the " light " Pied ?

I love those thick white trane. I takes genetics to get those and some luck.. connerhills

Do you see them less in SP than in Loud Pied? My SP has a fairly full train... not full length yet, but the feather structure on the individual feathers itself seems as though it may be finer or thinner somehow... and thought I had heard that was often the case with SP? Is that related to the WE gene? The Loud Pied's train seems more opaque, less translucent...

When you say "thick" -- are you meaning density of eyes or thickness/opacity of feathers? My guy has lots of eyes, lots of feathers, so is "thick" in that sense.

Very good bird !
thumbsup.gif

I don't think that all the rooster of this type must necessarily come from SP ...from SP line. Because the Australians have this type of bird they call it : Revese Pied and there is no SP in Australia (they can't import peacocks in Australia).

I would say that the density and amount of feathers ,, I know white is different to look through because of like of color which effects It a lot. I have had a lot of whites over the years and some were a lot better than most. My thought on the Australian peafowl forums . there are two of them and one is nothing but stretchers of the truth and full of it. He uses multiple screen names and talks and answers his own B S. and as he is the moderator he can take out pcs. of post and arrange them to say what he wants. He is the one that has the reverse pied and if you looked back enough you might be surprised .

Yes I've noticed a lot of whites / loud pieds with very whispy thin trains, My white male was like this when I got him and he was fed a very basic diet of grain and greens. Anyway the next season after a very varied diet (bugs, puppy dry food, turkey pellets, pigeon mix, canary seed, various fruits, shell grit, crushed cuttlebone and more) his train was so thick and looked incredible!

Yes I've noticed a lot of whites / loud pieds with very whispy thin trains, My white male was like this when I got him and he was fed a very basic diet of grain and greens. Anyway the next season after a very varied diet (bugs, puppy dry food, turkey pellets, pigeon mix, canary seed, various fruits, shell grit, crushed cuttlebone and more) his train was so thick and looked incredible!
Very pretty, thanks for sharing
I agree diet plays a key role in feather quality mine free range and have many food choices.

Also if you are looking at a photo and do not know the peas age they could just be young and haven't yet gotten a true adult train.

This peacock is a 2012 hatch and will be 3 years old in August of this year his train is wispy this year but next year it is going to be beautiful

I agree diet plays a key role in feather quality mine free range and have many food choices.
Not sure ... at all !... Age can be!
If it was a question of food, we also see a lot of blue peacocks with poor quality feathers ... and that's not the case!
I think it is a genetic degeneration .
In 90% of the case the eyes in the tail are V-shaped ... so white peacock feathers have a different structure .... it's not exactly a blue peacock in white color!

The peacock of Bemba is beautiful .... the eyes of the tail are O -shaped... Perhaps 10% of the roosters have this quality!

I have a young Spalding SP ( will be 3 years old in July 2015 ).
I hope this is his young age that makes the eyes of the train are V-shaped!

I've not been here for awhile and just read thru this entire thread and in my opinion not one peacock pictured in the last 4 pages meets my definition of a "Loud" pied except the bird pictured above in post 38,,and he's not the best either. No offense meant.

Last edited:
I've not been here for awhile and just read thru this entire thread and in my opinion not one peacock pictured in the last 4 pages meets my definition of a "Loud" pied except the bird pictured above in post 38,,and he's not the best either. No offense meant.
Where is your picture of a loud pied
th.gif
Bembas photo looks pretty darn loud to me
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom