How to create the " light " Pied ?

I've not been here for awhile and just read thru this entire thread and in my opinion not one peacock pictured in the last 4 pages meets my definition of a "Loud" pied except the bird pictured above in post 38,,and he's not the best either. No offense meant.
How do you define loud pied?

How have you and the birds been?
hugs.gif

My definition of "Loud" is a 100% white eyed train without any other tail or train feathers being white. Meaning the rest of the train must be colored like green-blue,and of course the bird must be pied. Thang is a silver pied but his train is about 75% white. Roadtrips train has 100% white eyes as well but about 99% of his traIn is also white. I have a coming 5 year old bssp male that has 100% white eyes and the background color of his train is green and gray looking. He is not a son of Roadtrip. I posted a pic of him last summer but he was walking away and not displaying. Here is my 5 yr old bssp loud pieds father named "Pretty Boy" but he also has white feathers everywhere on his train.

This is Roadtrip,,the King here at Pea Palace and he too has tons of white feathers all throughout his train.He is not a loud pied either

Last edited:
Wow so a loud pied to you would be a pied that looks like a silver pied?

I guess I don't like loud pied. I like more of a 50% white 50% color mix. I really like this peacock that was in a previous post. This is what always came to my mind when talking about loud pied.

Everyone has their own ideals when it comes to pieds. Mine is the train. I like a pied with a neat looking train like the one in the photo. The ones with color on the left and right and white down the center I really like, and of course I really loved my Dragon who had one white eye feather in the center of his train. I also like interesting face markings on them.

Interesting.... this is the first time I recall ever hearing a requirement for white eyes in order for a bird to be "loud pied." Do you happen to recall where you first heard it? I'm wondering if we have some differing versions of what makes a bird "loud pied" floating around in our pea-universe?

Seems to me that the first time I ever heard of "loud pied" -- it was several years ago over on the UPA forum during a discussion of a particular bird, and one person called it a "reverse pied" and the other called it a "loud pied."

It was definitely not a silver pied, and I don't recall anything about white eyes... just the proportion of white to color was greater than half, giving the effect of color splashed on a white bird, rather than white splashed on a colored bird, as @connerhills explained here about reverse pied recently.

Of course the UPA doesn't narrow down the term "pied" at all... so it didn't seem likely to be "defined" exactly, but I'm wondering if there is a preponderance of usage to mean one thing or another... I seem to recall something about Australia in that long-ago discussion, seems like maybe their terms for some things were not the same as ours in the US.

Seems to me that the first time I ever heard of "loud pied" -- it was several years ago over on the UPA forum during a discussion of a particular bird, and one person called it a "reverse pied" and the other called it a "loud pied."

It was definitely not a silver pied, and I don't recall anything about white eyes... just the proportion of white to color was greater than half, giving the effect of color splashed on a white bird, rather than white splashed on a colored bird, as @connerhills explained here about reverse pied recently.

Of course the UPA doesn't narrow down the term "pied" at all... so it didn't seem likely to be "defined" exactly, but I'm wondering if there is a preponderance of usage to mean one thing or another... I seem to recall something about Australia in that long-ago discussion, seems like maybe their terms for some things were not the same as ours in the US.

Every person I've ever discussed the term loud pied with has had a similar definition....approx. 50% white approx. 50% color, big splotches of both, resulting in a bird that is very "loud and showy", FBC was the first and so far only person I've met who ever mentioned any requirement pertaining to white eyes.
idunno.gif

Every person I've ever discussed the term loud pied with has had a similar definition....approx. 50% white approx. 50% color, big splotches of both, resulting in a bird that is very "loud and showy", FBC was the first and so far only person I've met who ever mentioned any requirement pertaining to white eyes.
idunno.gif
Same here

idunno.gif

He does seem to have a higher standard, and a more difficult one to achieve.

The bird of Bemba doesn't have We gene. I love the "lace" effect with the background white and small "clouds" of colorful small feathers.
Should select this type of "Pied" ... but what a female will be up to that cock?

Back
Top Bottom