How to create the " light " Pied ?

I believe the pied gene and the white eye are two different patterns , so you can have a white eye and no pied or you can have a pied and no white eyes and a white eye pied. That makes it hard to determine a loud pied ... I always thought a loud pied would be inclined to have more white on it than color . The colors naming have been used before most of the people have been raising these bird. It is correct that anyone can call their bird anything they want and I have seen a lot of that over the years . The reason there named what they are now is because of the UPA recognizing the name of the bird color . The person that ,makes ,, finds ,,, or runs over...... has the right to name it. per the UPA rules ( if they have any left ) .. Most of the light pied ( frosties ) I have had came from silver pied splits and it takes a little bit for them to get that way ..The mixing of genes is far from being controlled by man , so most of the time you take what you get
old.gif
connerhills

See the term light pied to me means a bird with very little white on it, as we are talking about the pied and that refers to the amount of white. Light on pied menas little white? Or so you would think and Heavy pied would mean lots of white. It does get confusing when so many mutations have different names. And then all the combo colours get their own fancy names also.

Breeder says : this peacock is the result of a cross between a green peahen and a white peacock whose father was a Pied peacock .

In ONE cross ! ... no split Pied needed !

I thought tat white gene and Pied gene were allele and that a white peacock can't be split Pied!
Wow nice pied Danny, nice to see a good one posted

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom