Simple PVC Feeder (PICS)

Built two of these today and had decided to try and find a double y so good to hear there is such a thing. Looking forward to photos when you update.

I had slightly different fitting and ended up having to add a little 22deg extension piece to the opening because they were scrapping the food out onto the floor.

What did you use? My girls are making a HUGE mess. I had read over and over that the PVC was the way to go to reduce mess and waste. It's not been my experience so far. Here's a couple of pics. What did I do wrong? Or what can I do to improve?

What did you use? My girls are making a HUGE mess. I had read over and over that the PVC was the way to go to reduce mess and waste. It's not been my experience so far. Here's a couple of pics. What did I do wrong? Or what can I do to improve?

THe secret is to have the food level a good chicken heads depth lower than the opening. Yours appears to be sitting at almost opening height at the moment so when they scratch with their beaks its going to fall out. By adding a short extenstion piece to your opening so they have to put their heads inside the pipe to reach it you stop the waste.

Just heading out the door but will see if I have any photos to explain when I get home!

Yeah. You have to cut a piece of PVC and put it inside the opening to avoid the chickens waiste the food. The same hapened to me

I also looked at plenty of ideas and pics and came up with my own. I have 30 chickens feeding out this 1 feeder. It holds about 50 pounds of feed when full. Also the waterer is for horses but works great for the chickens it is self filling

Back
Top Bottom