Simulated Natural Nest Incubation~Experiment #1 So it begins....

If I had to venture a guess, this one egg had a chick developing....it's got a membranous item with three dark dots in it and the membrane does not want to come apart. And the yolk was no longer contained but just came out all over when the egg was cracked. I don't know what they should look like but I'll be doing some searching online to see what they look like at each stage to see where this chick would have been. No blood vessels were noted, so maybe it's a dud too.

The other egg just looked like a really hot egg and it had two blood spots on the yolk.

Last edited:
How about this....I have another heating pad of the same type and I have a few eggs here. How about I start a new nest with the new temps and see how each progresses? Same quality of eggs and all....don't know if this sissified roo is doing his job or not.

I'll have to get another meat thermometer, but other than that, I have all the other things necessary to start a new nest.

So far, everyone votes to keep it going.
big_smile.png
Now...will it result in some deformed chicks if I see this thing through and they hatch? If so, I'd rather end it now and start fresh.

I have been following this experiment silently. Setting up anidentical nest box with s thermometer in a water wiggled from the start would be like setting a control group. Definitely sounds like it's worth a shot. Good luck!

I have been following this experiment silently. Setting up anidentical nest box with s thermometer in a water wiggled from the start would be like setting a control group. Definitely sounds like it's worth a shot. Good luck!

Can't hurt, can it? Other than ending up with more chicks than I had figured....or not...as the experiment plays out for the good or the bad.

GO GO GO GO GO
yippiechickie.gif
GO GO GO GO GO GO

If you can handle the 'stress' of two heating pads, go for it!

Lisa :)

gig.gif
If two heating pads are stress I'll just hang it all up..... Another vote for "GO".
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom