Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Thanks for the good wishes, all.....and we are feeling well this evening. (72 hrs. without food and we were ready to eat! Mashed taters never tasted quite so good.) Now, about that cake! I am awaiting the recipe of that fabulous looking black forest-type cake!
droolin.gif

p.s. Alaskan,it is true - so much better to get it all over with at once. The lurking and lingering bug that hits one at a time and spans a week or two is THE worst! -thankful we did not endure that.

Thanks for the good wishes, all.....and we are feeling well this evening. (72 hrs. without food and we were ready to eat! Mashed taters never tasted quite so good.) Now, about that cake! I am awaiting the recipe of that fabulous looking black forest-type cake!
droolin.gif

p.s. Alaskan,it is true - so much better to get it all over with at once. The lurking and lingering bug that hits one at a time and spans a week or two is THE worst! -thankful we did not endure that.
I was not sick and yet that cake looks really good to me too....

More commonly known as Black Forest Cake.

Looks similar to this, but I include more cream topping and cherries in mine.

I love making it because it is an excuse to buy bricks of quality chocolate to shave. I love making chocolate curls.
We make this (but not nearly as pretty) and I gain five pounds that week w/o fail!!!
We haven't made it this year; must speak to DH!!!

Left my tablet at work yesterday
hide.gif
I was having BYC withdrawals the whole time!

I know the feeling. I get behind in either BYC or school work; can't get behind in school work during finals, so I get withdrawals too.
hugs.gif

Both a sympathetic
sickbyc.gif
and a glad you are feeling better
hugs.gif

It is terrible when the entire household goes down together....but it is worse when everyone takes turns over a multi week marathon.
Yes, and the absolute worst is when the first one to take their turn is the one who is most active and least understanding of everyone else being sick (the toddler, specifically)!!!

It is very rich, which is why I generally save it for special occasions, to impress or when I want to bribe someone.

You know you want it!
love.gif

You could bribe me with it. Especially that heart shaped one!!! Anything I can justify not sharing! =D

TXchickmum:
Hate being sick!!!
sickbyc.gif

glad you're feeling better!
hugs.gif

droolin.gif

Devil's food cake
Chocolate gnache (as frosting)
polaner all-fruit spread (black cherry, of course)
Do lots of layers and then slice thickly.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom