Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

evening everyone!

Beautiful lazy day. Didn't get much of anything done today so my to do list for tomorrow got a bit longer but that's ok. Supposed to have several good days in a row and the gardens are all in and the coop work is done for now so it's going to mean a LOT of painting this week! Due to some health issues last summer many of the normal summer chores didn't get done and healing from that stupid fall I took a few weeks ago set me back but I'm ready to go now! My workshop/sunshed kind of turned into a catch all and is now a cluttered mess and needs a good cleaning as well as a paint job along with the cottage pa uses as his workshop now, several small outbuildings all the gates including the two new ones pa added to the expanded chicken play yard, the porches, picnic tables, etc. you get the idea. Alaskan can vouch for what our winters can do to anything that doesn't have a good coat of paint on it!

LAZY DAYS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I have a confession to make.

I have a freshly un-broody Cochin hen with 10 chicks (9 Serama, 1 Mille Fleur D'uccle). I know, I know, how did "IdonotneedmorechickensIdonotneedmorechickens" turn into letting a broody do that?!

Wait a minute, wait a minute. "Without pictures, it didn't happen," right? So if I just don't post any pictures, I'm still good?

Forget I said anything.
smile.png

I have a freshly un-broody Cochin hen with 10 chicks (9 Serama, 1 Mille Fleur D'uccle). I know, I know, how did "IdonotneedmorechickensIdonotneedmorechickens" turn into letting a broody do that?!

Wait a minute, wait a minute. "Without pictures, it didn't happen," right? So if I just don't post any pictures, I'm still good?

Forget I said anything.:)

If I understand chicken math ..... 10 chiks counts as zero and no pictures equals zero so divide by x .....that leaves you with a fraction so you have to reduce to the lowest common denominator which means you are at a negative number..... so that must mean you need to add to the flock to actually have any chiks at all! I LOVE chicken math!

Last edited:
Ah, yes! Someone who grasps the true nuances of chicken math! Chicks don't count; nor do the eggs under a couple of other broody hens. Ah, chicken math, the ultimate guilt reliever!
big_smile.png

Forget I said anything.:)

If I understand chicken math ..... 10 chiks counts as zero and no pictures equals zero so divide by x .....that leaves you with a fraction so you have to reduce to the lowest common denominator which means you are at a negative number..... so that must mean you need to add to the flock to actually have any chiks at all! I LOVE chicken math!

:yuckyuck

But..... the way I read that, if you post pictures you have zero chicks, if you do not post pictures, they count as three more chicks.

But, but, Alaskan, chicks don't count, so how does anything count as chicks?

(And if you think bantam chicks are extra cute, Serama chicks take squeee-worthy to a whole new level)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom