Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Thank you!

And these are Jumbo Pharaoh Coturnix quail, much larger than button quail, and the largest kind of Coturnix quail. They are supposed to lay very well.

Ours have started laying by 8 weeks, and produce an egg almost every single day. It is crazy wild to see them grow so fast.

And....last I checked, I AM TO 19 QUAIL!!!!!!
th.gif
I am so happy!

(but, I am also getting a bit "hummmmmmm" this is maybe too many to fit into my planned winter quail spot.
barnie.gif
) But, this is a very good kind of puzzle!
cool.png

@Puddin Fluff don't forget to give your ducklings a little nutritional yeast every so often. I just realized that it has been a few days since I have given my newest duckling batch any, I will run out now and do it!

Thank you!

And these are Jumbo Pharaoh Coturnix quail, much larger than button quail, and the largest kind of Coturnix quail.  They are supposed to lay very well.

Ours have started laying by 8 weeks, and produce an egg almost every single day.  It is crazy wild to see them grow so fast.

And....last I checked, I AM TO 19 QUAIL!!!!!!   :th   I am so happy!  

(but, I am also getting a bit "hummmmmmm" this is maybe too many to fit into my planned winter quail spot.  :barnie )  But, this is a very good kind of puzzle!  :cool:

@Puddin Fluff
  don't forget to give your ducklings a little nutritional yeast every so often.  I just realized that it has been a few days since I have given my newest duckling batch any, I will run out now and do it! 
remember, if half are boys, your numbers will drastically reduce. Don't fret, lol.

Yes, I understand they need to get their heads wet. It is my understanding that without being with the mother they don't produce oil for a while so they can't get wet as babies. I have had no problem waiting until they are feathered out and ready to go outside to provide a pool. I have not had any chicks get into the Duck pond. The chicks will stand around outside of the duck pond, even drink from it. I have not seen one chicken in the duck pond in over a year with 2 batches of chicks and ducklings together. I had the same worries at first.

Okay, I was afraid I would plug up their noses or something if they couldn't dunk.

@Puddin Fluff i don't give mine deep water, just a chick waterer, until they are pretty big.

I haven't had any problem with doing it that way.

With my baby ducklings that are out with the big flock, I put one baby chick waterer close to where they hang out, and then I put a big rock in the adult water pan. If the ducklings make it out to the adult water pan, and jump in, hopefully the rock will help them get back out.

I am drinking coffee.....thinking of all the junk I need to do.

:sick

Thanks. Your respinses make me feel better.

oh, and I have another 5 or so pips!  This is AWESOME! 

Yeah on all the quail. When we hatched ours, I was fascinated. They were so tiny an FAST!

Thank you!

And these are Jumbo Pharaoh Coturnix quail, much larger than button quail, and the largest kind of Coturnix quail.  They are supposed to lay very well.

Ours have started laying by 8 weeks, and produce an egg almost every single day.  It is crazy wild to see them grow so fast.

And....last I checked, I AM TO 19 QUAIL!!!!!!   :th   I am so happy!  

(but, I am also getting a bit "hummmmmmm" this is maybe too many to fit into my planned winter quail spot.  :barnie )  But, this is a very good kind of puzzle!  :cool:

@Puddin Fluff
  don't forget to give your ducklings a little nutritional yeast every so often.  I just realized that it has been a few days since I have given my newest duckling batch any, I will run out now and do it! 

How often do you give it to them? I have just been adding it to the feed dad ly when I fill it. Just sprinkling it on top. Dobyou continue with it after they are adults?

:celebrate

I have a spring hatch pullet that squatted for me today. I'll be keeping a close eye on the eggs now to wait for her. Two more the same age but no signs frome them yet.

I keep up with the nutritional yeast, a thick coat, whenever I think about it (since I simply can't manage to remember every single day).

I keep it up until I switch them over to duck feed. The adult duck feed has all of the niacin that they need.

I think, if you keep them on chicken whatever, that you will have to always give them some maybe?

However, it is great stuff, it will give a good nutritional boost to your chickens, so, except for the cost
roll.png
there is no reason you have to stop adding it to the food.

A little sprinkle every day is probably lots better than my "whenever I remember, pour some on".

Like today, I think it had been several days since I had given any to the baby ducklings, so I put a thick layer over all of their feed.

I keep up with the nutritional yeast, a thick coat, whenever I think about it (since I simply can't manage to remember every single day).

I keep it up until I switch them over to duck feed.  The adult duck feed has all of the niacin that they need.

I think, if you keep them on chicken whatever, that you will have to always give them some maybe?

However, it is great stuff, it will give a good nutritional boost to your chickens, so, except for the cost :rolleyes: there is no reason you have to stop adding it to the food.

A little sprinkle every day is probably lots better than my "whenever I remember, pour some on".

Like today, I think it had been several days since I had given any to the baby ducklings, so I put a thick layer over all of their feed.

I know what you mean about the cost. I nearly choked when I bought it. Can you feed the chickens duck feed? Mine will all be housed together so whatever I TRthey will all eat.

this will probably be My last post until December for I will be attending school in PA starting tomorrow. My chickens shall be in good hands I am sure.

Signing Out,
orpington13

Back
Top Bottom