Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

I still need to know how long not to eat my eggs after dosing w/ Wazine, if anyone knows.
I know @Alaskan doesn't drug his chickens (down here where things actually live and grow we have to do things we don't want to do, like kill the things that try to kill our chickens, even when we can't see them).
wink.png

The restriction is for selling the eggs. For your consumption, it will be safe after five days of each dose--You have to give them a second dose 10 to 14 days after the first dose.

Feed the eggs from the hold back days back to the chickens or to the Dogs.

Oh, NOW I remember, my baby sister was worming her goats or chickens... Whichever.... And asked the vet how long before they could go back to consuming the milk or eggs (can't remember which).... The vet said that worse case scenario was that it would act as a wormer on them, and that might be a good thing. :lau

Last edited:
Oh, NOW I remember, my baby sister was worming her goats or chickens... Whichever.... And asked the vet how long before they could go back to consuming the milk or eggs (can't remember which).... The vet said that worse case scenario was that it would act as a wormer on them, and that might be a good thing.
lau.gif

The only problem is if you sell the eggs to someone that is allergic to the worm medicine.

Yes, it would worm you!

The people up here have set up facebook pages... One for each fire..

That way, whenever someone has something to donate, they can ask where it needed... Or if someone is going out with a trailer full of supplies and has extra room, he posts to see if anyone needs anything else, or has anything els to add..

And the drop off points can give shout outs when they have specific needs for things..

It has been awesome!

If you want to look.... The fire north of Anchorage is this page:

Sockeye Willow Fire Pet and Home Resource

The page for the one in Sterling (and closer to me ... But not anywhere dangerous close) is:

Card St Fire Help & Community Resource
Just wow, Alaskan. The pics on the Card St Fire page are beautiful and terrifying. the updates I read sound like it's far from under control and on the move. Haven't checked the other pages yet.

I got on tonight to complain about having just come in from covering the gardens again because of another frost advisory for tonight. I think instead I'll just say a prayer of thanks for our woods all safe and standing and an added prayer for for all your Alaskan neighbor's in harm's way tonight.

frow.gif
Hello all.

I have been off the grid for a while with vacations and such. Lots of driving around the country and craziness with pet sitters.
he.gif

Went to a family reunion in SC and the pet sitter collected no eggs because when she would come, the birds were sitting on them in the nest and she didn't see any
th.gif
SOOOOO I came back to piles of eggs and 4 broodies.
barnie.gif
and lots of half developed eggs. Easily broke 3 broodies but one girl stuck it out so we gave her some eggs. Left again for a trip with just me and hubby. Had a car breakdown so our trip lasted an extra 3 days while we waited on reparis. Returned to previous babies getting so bid and current eggs due yesterday through sunday? not sure.

We have reminants of the tropical storm blowing through yesterday so all the chicks stayed in coop most of the day. Went to tuck in last night and one of my older/larger girls had pushed my broody off nest.
somad.gif
I picked her up to extract her and found 3 dead chicks under her.
hit.gif
I moved broody mama back and heard chirping and she had one chick with her and 3 eggs yet to crack. I put the nest in the cage with food and water so no one can interrupt her again so we will see what we have develop today. I did hear at least one baby chirping this morning but I didn't disturb her. I didn't need the babies but I hate to see them dead after a full hatch.

Missed all of you.

I did a skim of the thread since I was 600 posts behind.
idunno.gif

Hope all are well.
big_smile.png

Welcome back Puddin Fluff.. I hope you were able to enjoy some of the time you were away. Sounds like going is more trouble than staying put. Sorry to see you lost chickies... hoorah for living chickies.

I should hear some peeping in a coupla days.

http://www.drugs.com/vet/wazine-17.html 14 days before slaughter...

@casportpony will know shes the queen of wormers and other stuff.

Link to her thread on wormers

deb

Thank you, Deb, you're great! =)

I very rarely post on my facebook page....

But for some reason the way to sell poultry, or plant starts.. Or what not, is all facebook. Better selling than Craigs list

I'm "afraid" I might one day have to get an maintain a Facebook page for my chickens, but we're not to a point of being able to sell right now. So I'm just enjoying that Facebook is irrelevant to me and I to it. =)

They have facebook groups that you can choose to belong to... Kind of like different threads here on BYC

I'll talk to DH about these groups you speak of. I don't intro-web beyond email and BYC and school.

The restriction is for selling the eggs. For your consumption, it will be safe after five days of each dose--You have to give them a second dose 10 to 14 days after the first dose.

Feed the eggs from the hold back days back to the chickens or to the Dogs.

Oh, okay. I'll tell DD and put this on the calendar. I threw the one/two that we've gotten into the woods across the road (far away from where my eggs actually are and where nothing is going to associate them w/ my chickens). Thanks, Ron! =)

Oh, NOW I remember, my baby sister was worming her goats or chickens... Whichever.... And asked the vet how long before they could go back to consuming the milk or eggs (can't remember which).... The vet said that worse case scenario was that it would act as a wormer on them, and that might be a good thing.
lau.gif

Oh, my, @Alaskan . I'll see what DH says about that. I'm thinking that we'll still just feed them to the chickens via the compost hole. I think they could use the protein and all in them, and we've got a pretty good back log right now for human consumption.

frow.gif
Hello all.

I have been off the grid for a while with vacations and such. Lots of driving around the country and craziness with pet sitters.
he.gif

Went to a family reunion in SC and the pet sitter collected no eggs because when she would come, the birds were sitting on them in the nest and she didn't see any
th.gif
SOOOOO I came back to piles of eggs and 4 broodies.
barnie.gif
and lots of half developed eggs. Easily broke 3 broodies but one girl stuck it out so we gave her some eggs. Left again for a trip with just me and hubby. Had a car breakdown so our trip lasted an extra 3 days while we waited on reparis. Returned to previous babies getting so bid and current eggs due yesterday through sunday? not sure.

We have reminants of the tropical storm blowing through yesterday so all the chicks stayed in coop most of the day. Went to tuck in last night and one of my older/larger girls had pushed my broody off nest.
somad.gif
I picked her up to extract her and found 3 dead chicks under her.
I moved broody mama back and heard chirping and she had one chick with her and 3 eggs yet to crack. I put the nest in the cage with food and water so no one can interrupt her again so we will see what we have develop today. I did hear at least one baby chirping this morning but I didn't disturb her. I didn't need the babies but I hate to see them dead after a full hatch.

Missed all of you.

I did a skim of the thread since I was 600 posts behind.
idunno.gif

Hope all are well.
big_smile.png

Welcome back, Hon!!!
Sorry about your troubles!
hugs.gif

Congrats on the success w/ breaking the broodies and with on the babies that have/will make it from the super broody. =) Hope everything turns out well with her.
fl.gif

Don't worry about the not being able to catch up on 600 posts. We'll all let you know what's going on, I'm sure. =)
I haven't been getting eggs and I was getting big chicks snatched in the evenings. It looks like DD and I have remedied the evening marauder problem. I'm hearing an egg song right now. So, hopefully I'll get more than 2 eggs today. =)
Otherwise, everything's good here. Glad you're back, safe and sound! =)

Oh, funny story, well kind of. DH and I went out for our tenth anniversary, the first time we left the kids with someone else since we had moved from where my g-parents live (they were our first baby-sitters). On the way from having Quizno's, there was construction on one corner and when we went around it, a nail or screw popped our tire. We spent the entire date in the Wal-Mart parking lot patching the tire. Then... When we got back to the sitter's house, the power had gone out (in the dog days of summer, when it's still in the upper 90s until well after dark), and guess what the sitter thought was a good idea? She built a tent in the living room (which is great b/c it holds heat and all, right?) and she took the kids out on the porch (where the air was standing dead still and it was in the mid-upper 90s and at least 80% humidity (you know, b/c standing around out there and getting hot would make the air inside the house, and inside the tent no less, feel cooler). This wasn't a teenager or whatever. This woman's older than me and DH! In her defense, she's not from here, but she should have known that what she was doing was stupid. Needless to say, we haven't left the kids with her ever again!
That was a great way to celebrate our tenth anniversary. lol At least we do laugh about it now. =)

Back
Top Bottom