Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Quote: They were published in two Journals so there were two studies that measured the urine level of plastic, which increased with eating foods cooked in plastic.

Eurozone already bans this stuff based on their research.

Yep... I don't disagree.... but if you take the amount of Plastic that is already in our houses cars clothes furniture paint electronics etc even our carpets... Wood preservative finishes.... it goes on and on.... and the older it is the worse it is... Then just speaking of our food.... It may come from the grocery store un packaged and you can get it home in fabric containers... But to get it to the grocery store its gone through a factories worth of sorting and washing and labeling machinery all using plastic from produce bins to conveyor belts.....

Anything that has a gasketed seal has plastic in it.... Not to mention the WHOLE inside of your refrigerator... Unless you happen to be fortunate enough to buy a refrigerator with the insides being stainless... and Glass

The ONLY way to get away from plastic is to have a completely eco designed house and garden and use cast iron piping and NO electronics... Not even light fixtures. Oh and dont use car tires either for construction.... The rubber is blended with plastic to make it "handle the road" better.

Forget about having a car...

I was on the Team to convert a whole product line to convert over to EU standards.... RoHS specifically for manufacturing items to be used in Europe.... http://www.rohscompliancedefinition.com/ It was supposed to take us four months to convert all electronics components over for about three product lines to be sold in Europe.... It took TWO years. Also having to follow documentation procedures for ISO 9001 compliance... IN a Biomed company where we were also complying with EPA, CSA, OSHA, AMA and FDA requirements... Oh and UL too.

Just to change from one single screw to an equivalent that met RoHS standards would take about six hours of research for the product to write and Engineering Change Request get it approved by an engineer. Because even though I was doing a manufacturing engineers work my title was Designer.....

You had to get the new screw assigned a part number... Then the actual documentation for handling the effectivity would take about eight hours to process. Once you got your request submitted you got a document converted from Oracle to SAP and you had to change. in some cases there would be over three hundred parts lists to "revise" deleting the old screw and replacing the new screw... Then you had to tell them what to do with the old...

I once did an Engineering Change order for an Engineer not from my department... He needed a warm body to do it. I flew through it because I had done the big ones many times before... and turned it in to him the next day.... He was stunned. He said he thought it would have taken a week. No errors...too.

I must have done about three thousand Engineering Change Orders in the two years....

some of us like me "get it" but simply dont care any more.

deb

Evening everyone!

just thought I would pop in and say hi! Actually had a very productive few days. Funny you should be talking healthy stuff. Think I mentioned that due to some new developments I've had to embrace a much healthier eating style which hasn't been as difficult as I expected. Haven't had anything with added sugar in roughly 3 months and no white bread, white pasta, etc. and no processed meat and very little dairy. Oddly, the only thing I have been struggling with are the "other" simple carbs, snack crackers, chips, etc. I have been eating healthier versions for the most part but I still eat too many of them. I think I just need to work on hubby not bringing them into the house but I hate to make him give up his treats just because I can't have them.

The lots of veggies part has been really easy since the gardens have finally kicked in! Harvesting the squashes every day, dug the first round of potatoes (high starch so can't pig on those
sad.png
) dug the onions today and harvested the garlic yesterday. I hope no one comes over this weekend because every inch of the picnic tables is covered with curing veggies!

The best advantage of being a totally organic gardener is I can just walk by and grab a nice leaf of curly kale and munch away (and share with the feathered beggers jumping up and down in front of me) or snitch a nice crunchy snow pea if my DH and the pup have left me any.

Need to pick the green beans tomorrow. Nights are still hitting the forties so the toms aren't ripening yet tho the bushes are loaded. Going to be one of those years where they are all going to ripen at once if it doesn't frost first.

Next chore is to fire up the dehydrators (I am blessed with two nice excalibers) and get the herbs processed (I have too many to list here) for all my winter soups and crockpot stuff. I prefer to freeze the basil tho and my stevia. I do bring some of the plants inside for a few fresh herbs in winter like rosemary and rooting the next generation of the sage and stevia. Some herbs just can't survive our winters.

The timing is nice this year. I can get the herbs done before I have to start on the salsa and tomato sauce. With this crazy weather pattern it looks like I'll be doing the wild apple sauce before the tomatoes as well.

Well I have another full day tomorrow and have to cram that trip to town in there somewhere so I better try to hit the sack before midnight tonight. Hope everyone is having a great summer.
Pop in again soon.

Last edited:
Wowsers! :drool !! Deb! Am in love :love

@chickisoup i have a feeling that Deb's video is of stuff that is not on your diet. However, it does sound like you have all of the makings for pesto! :drool which is also quite lovely!

I had a pineapple... in an upside down cake... delish!!   :drool

Sucks to only be able to grow 1 at a time due to space constraints. I'd can harvest 1/2 bushel of beans or tomatoes in the same space as 1 pineapple. When growing pineapple use more rocks.. less dirt.

Yum!
Ah, thanks for the tip! :) I'll tell my gardener. ;)

Thank you! @TeaChick
I've been wanting it for a while and was so excited to see it! 

I know what it feels like. My coop page was featured a while back.

Wowsers!
droolin.gif
!! Deb! Am in love
love.gif

@chickisoup i have a feeling that Deb's video is of stuff that is not on your diet. However, it does sound like you have all of the makings for pesto!
droolin.gif
which is also quite lovely!
yep, I had already seen that and pinned it! Not really approved, you're right, but it will make an amazing "cheat" for a deep winter holiday meal anyway!!!! And you are right, I do have all the pesto makings!!!

Back
Top Bottom