Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

15665419_1522527134441778_2219691528256374673_n.jpg

Happy day after Christmas everyone

15726797_10153952869500870_7615003496550364942_n.jpg

What a crazy weather Christmas!!!
Yesterday started with an inch or two of fresh sticky snow, so pretty. Next came the grapple. (you know, those little icy snowy balls that bounce all over)
Then a little freezing drizzle and later came the real snow for a while. Right after dark the serious freezing rain started and stopped, then came down in sheets.
Before bed it was quiet, a big sigh of relief. We made it! Ice not too thick and no power loss!
Then, at 1 a.m. the grand finale, BOOM!!! Flash, rolling thunder! Must have been reflecting off the snow because everything lit up over and over again!
A thunderstorm in the northwoods on Christmas??? I honestly do not remember that happening, ever!
This morning was a fun trip to the coop. Crampons on the boots watching the poor little pup go sliding by me down the slight slope toward the coop.
Kicking and pounding the ice to get the gate and the popholes open. The rainwater that came down too fast to freeze was running into the covered area
between the coop and greenhouse. Aught to make a nice skating rink soon. The sun is out now but the temp is supposed to drop all day to be down into
the teens by dark and the wind is already beginning to howl and will only get worse according to all the high wind warnings posted for the rest of the day.
My plans of heading to town today for a little after Christmas sale insanity is out of the question with all the travel warnings of ice covered roads.
(Of course, did I mention our Christmas miracle? We actually got our car back late Friday afternoon)
Hybernation and roast beast leftovers. Guess that actually isn't such a bad way to spend Monday, hey???

Edited by chickisoup - Today at 10:47 am

Back
Top Bottom