Sizzle?

frizzle feathered to a frizzle feathered = brital
frizzle feathered to a smooth frizzle feathered = 50 frizzled 50 smooth frizzle(carring the frizzle gene)
frizzle feathered to a silkie = sizzle

i think thats right. i have no clue on how a sizzle to a sizzle would breed

wow thanks for the info, I'm gonna do splash silkie roo to red? frizzle cochin hen!
droolin.gif
lol us Wisconsinits on the WI thread are planning to set eggs on April 1st lol Lordy I can't wait! Knowing me I'll be setting more later too lol

Thanks

What about....

Frizzle feathered or smooth frizzle feathered to Silkie = ?????

I'm guessing 50/50 Smooth and Frizzled birds? lol

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks
Chris
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Alright so it sounds like you have to breed a silkie to a frizzle, then breed the offspring back to a silkie.
Search "chicken calculator" and it should be the first one, kippenjungle. You may habe to use the presets to get to the colors you have. I use the calculator for colors only, but I think there are other versions, but mostly in another language.

I have a White Rock Frizzle male. What might I expect if I put him with a white bearded Silkie female?

Well, with recessive whites it is always unpredictable. White rocks tend to be dominant white, silver, barred and sometimes blue, so if you add those genes into the mix, you are likely to get a leaky dominant white, silver in the girls, silver or golden in the males, depending on what their mother contributes, barring and possibly blue. Add in frizzle for half the chicks. You will get polydactyly and feathered feet, crest and beard, but smaller than the mama's, dark skin, (but barring will lighten it), walnut comb, but if mama is het for either or both comb genes, you could get rose, pea or single comb.

the silkie would have to be carrying the frizzling gene as well i think

What about....

Frizzle feathered or smooth frizzle feathered to Silkie = ?????

I'm guessing 50/50 Smooth and Frizzled birds? lol

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks
Chris
[/FONT]

Frizzled X silkie = 50/50 frizzled/smooth, all carrying one copy of silkie (unless frizzled bird also carried a copy, in which case a quarter will have silkie feathers.
Smooth X silkie = 100% smooth; same as above on silkie feathering.
(White rocks are unlikely to be carrying silkie gene.)

the silkie would have to be carrying the frizzling gene as well i think

Quote:

Last edited:
I have several sizzles from last year's hatch, the rooster is a silkie and hens are cochin bantams, they came out mottled, white, black and buff, I am hoping for splash and partridge this spring, Angie in Tn.

Back
Top Bottom