Sizzle?

Around here we'd call that a smooth-feathered Silkie. I have a few of them - great birds as the carry the Frizzle gene and will nicely breed them for you with a Frizzle mate. :D

This is a most interesting thread! Very much enjoyed reading all the great information. So my question is what would I expect from this pair? It's my understanding this black sizzle cockerel is a 1st generation. He is 4 months of age as is the pullet. He has four toes and black skin. The pullet I know little about other than her being a blue Cochin bantam. I just brought these two home today from a local breeder who was wondering how his ears turned out the color they are due to this not being a trait from the parents.

And for good measure...here is a pic of my Sizzle pullet. She is part of the breeders 10th generation of sizzles. My daughter uses her for 4H showmanship.

The Lady Peckington:

It is always fun to see what people name their chickens isn't it? So, we thought you might like to see why this chicken received the name she got.
MEET MRS. VANDERBILT

Chris ~ by chance do you live in Covington, GA? Would so love to come see your babies if you do!
No sorry...Covington La but if your ever around here your welcome to stop by. I need to get some more pics up. My last batch of eggs hatched a couple weeks ago and I have some real nice colors out od this group..

Chris

Back
Top Bottom