Slow site or my computer?

when I watch my "chicken hates fish" video on the BYC forum page, it is very slow and choppy, but when I watch the same video from youtube . com is is much faster

It's not just you guys or your computers!! This site has become VERY slow and frustrating w.ith all the javascript!

The administration would be well-advised to drop some hubris and LISTEN to comments such as the one directly above my post by the Wisconsin PT Tester. Some ppl use this site for professional reasons and not just as a hobby, and they NEED easy access!

Thanks to those that provide helpful and friendly feedback.

We know that the performance of the site is an issue and we're taking steps to improve it. The engineers have assured us this is their number one priority and we anxiously hope there will be continued and significant performance improvements.

Keep in mind that we, "the administration" use the site just as much, or more so, than the members and we want performance improvements just as bad as anybody else. We have a really good track record for doing what is best for this community (even though sometimes it might not feel in the short term like we do) and we'll continue to collectively do our best to maintain this track record.

We appreciate your patience as we work through these issues. In the interim, please help us help you by making sure you are on the newest version of your web browser (we specifically suggest anyone on IE 8 or below to move to Firefox or Google Chrome).

More here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/speed-up-your-byc

Well I think ALL of us on this thread have kept this discussion civil if not necessarily cuddly-friendly. ("Cuddly-friendly" is in a brooder very close to this computer....) I think we've all been pretty nice here.

Let me give a little friendly shout-out (maybe that's an Ur-urrrr!!!!) to _Wyogirl_ who I don't even know but it's obvious she's in a rural area with possibly slow internet access. And it sounds like she has a bunch of chickens and wants to expand her flock which is what this site is SUPPOSED to be all about!!

When I speak about the "administration" I am _trying_ to _ask_ "Pretty NICE please" for some understanding of the folks in rural areas who may utilize this site but who have the slower or intermittent connections. Is that really too much to ask??

OK there I go....down to the Floor Roost .... where the "nice" chickens hang out LOL. Problem is, I fear I'll get banned from this site if I really speak my mind while flying to the Upper Roost....

Back
Top Bottom