Smoky Mtn East TN

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
and thanks for stopping by to all the new people.

chickchickhere- I don't know anyone with the breed you are looking for but there is a big show coming up in December (I think) in Knoxville. Its the ABA Nationals but I understand that there will be a fair amount of LF there too. You might be able to make some connections at the show or possibly find what you are looking for.

I am looking for an Ameraucana cockerel either white, splash or silver to put with my EEs. I recently lost my EE rooster.

I have a breeding group of 4 Belgian Bearded d'Uccles that I am going to sell... a hen, 2 pullets, and one cockerel.
We have used the d'Uccles for years for live incubators because they go broody so often.
We simply have too many breeds right now and are looking to free up some coop space for the winter.
Muccle, the year and a half olf hen pictured below with buff chicks she hatched, has raised 2 groups of chicks already and is a great mom.
The other three were born in April.

Sorry, I was hoping this would go up under my previous post, but it did not!
th.gif

Only 2 left on the 8-week old splash!

Last edited:
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
and thanks for stopping by to all the new people.

chickchickhere- I don't know anyone with the breed you are looking for but there is a big show coming up in December (I think) in Knoxville. Its the ABA Nationals but I understand that there will be a fair amount of LF there too. You might be able to make some connections at the show or possibly find what you are looking for.

I am looking for an Ameraucana cockerel either white, splash or silver to put with my EEs. I recently lost my EE rooster.

I just check this on the ABA site. The nationals for ABA are not listed in Knoxville.

@redridge, what are you wanting for your group of or for each of your Belgium bearded D'Uccles? and do you have any pics of roo and pullets? My d'uccle cockrel is starting to stress my pullet as she only one with. I had to separate them together because sultan mixes picked on her for being younger than rest maybe too but probly mostly cause was debeaked, done by hatchery.

Last edited:
Powell/Karns We have 45-50 mix of Easter egger, Bared rocks, black australorp, "My wife's" Welsummers, "my" salmon faverolle, and my 10 year old daughter has her silkies, a few odd and end breeds mixed in too! My wife got us started now me, my 10 year old daughter and 4 year old son are all hooked! we set for hours just feeding and watching the chickens! I sure none of you other chicken folks do that.........right? I find the chickens very relaxing, who knew? we are trying our hand at breeding and hatching not got the hang of it quite yet, but fun is had by all. We got in to this with the thought of teaching the kids to know where their food came from, and be respectful of what we have been blessed with. They help get eggs, round up the occasional stray, feed, water, clean, ect..... We have only been doing this since Jan. of this year, but I see this being a life long thing now! We sale a few eggs here and there to offset the cost of feed, we have thinned the flock of extra roosters and the taste was far better than store bought meat, that goes for the taste of the eggs also, I don't know if it is for real or just the mental part of knowing what, where, how your food was treated, and where it came from, or knowing the work that went into it????? Whatever the case We love our birds here in TN!

Back
Top Bottom