Smoky Mtn East TN

Hi Ryan! Yes - she was YOUR chicken, wasn't she?? hee hee. Love her - she is so sweet and lays me a pretty BLUE egg every day :)

Last edited:
hey y'all! haven't been on here in awhile, but wanted some seasoned expert opinions. we got a new pullet (think she is a golden laced wyandotte). our mutt dog has never bothered or really shown interest in any of our other chickens but for some reason he constantly is following the new one around. he hasn't shown any aggression toward her but i am a little concerned that he might try something when we aren't constantly supervising him around the new hen. thoughts?

hey y'all! haven't been on here in awhile, but wanted some seasoned expert opinions. we got a new pullet (think she is a golden laced wyandotte). our mutt dog has never bothered or really shown interest in any of our other chickens but for some reason he constantly is following the new one around. he hasn't shown any aggression toward her but i am a little concerned that he might try something when we aren't constantly supervising him around the new hen. thoughts?

He knows that it's new, but will test to see what he can do with it that won't be allowed with the others.

She was the only one i've ever raised so i'm glad she has a home where people can enjoy her.

Aww Ryan, you are so sweet. I can't believe you sold me your only one! Well I really love her. I would love to have another one. Those eggs are gonna be a hit with my customer-ladies. Thank you Ryan for sacrificing her for me!

You might have some herding in that sweet mutt of yours. Just keep an eye on him some times dogs just bond to one livestock animal. Our farm dog Sky pays more attention to some of the hens than others. She has a favorite pig too. There is a picture on my chicken blog with her and a hen and the pigs. Link in my signature.

Hey folks!

Are they still having the Nov 3rd show in Dalton...does anyone know for sure? Thanks!

Just thought I would throw this out too...I am looking for a nice Cochin lavender hen/pullet. I have a roo that needs a girlfriend. He is just too nice to let go. IF anyone has one or knows where I might find one...please PM me.
smile.png
Thx!

does anyone have some muscovy ducks there wanting to sell? also looking to trade 6 month old bourban red tom for a different turkey female

Last edited:
does anyone have some muscovy ducks there wanting to sell? also looking to trade 6 month old bourban red tom for a different turkey female

To bad i don't like crossing breeds or i would be able to help. I've got three young White Holland hens but no tom. And try looking at hpbaa.com for some muscovys. I think it lists a breeder in sevierville that has them.

Cws451
I have eleven young scovy ducks, some coming in choco, some coming in silver feathering. also the daddy white silver and chocolate. I'm probly only keeping the darkest most chocolate drake of brood along with choco ducks possibly (this was just late season fluke test hatch), but probly sell most at least for pest and weed control, eggs, meat, and watch dogs. decent to any scovys can be hard to impossible to find at times, and decently priced and healthy (mine are not biggest I've seen). I've got some numbers of local sellers also, some more expensive and non I've bought from.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom