Smoky Mtn East TN

I am new to raising backyard chickens, for pets not to show, but I am thinking about stopping by the poultry show in Knoxville this weekend. What can I expect while I am there and will there be an opportunity to buy a few chickens to increase my little flock?

Definately! This is the ABA National Specialty this time. So there will probly be folks from near and far showing and selling. I will hopefully have my little blue cochin bantams (fairly young) for sale.
smile.png

so i have been trying to get some dark cornish for sometime now and i havnt been able to find some..i was thinking about buying some from a hatchery..does anyone want to split a order?

Hope everyone is staying warm. These temps are really taking the fun out of chicken raising.

Our local feed store here order chickens each spring and you can place a small order with them. they use MT Healthy hatchery and I do not know if they carry the dark cornish or not but if they do i will be glad to give you contact information for feed store. They do two orders in the spring only around April and May so chicks do not get cold.

Hope everyone is staying warm. These temps are really taking the fun out of chicken raising.

Our local feed store here order chickens each spring and you can place a small order with them. they use MT Healthy hatchery and I do not know if they carry the dark cornish or not but if they do i will be glad to give you contact information for feed store. They do two orders in the spring only around April and May so chicks do not get cold.

yea that sounds great..which store is it/?

Back
Top Bottom