So....talk about.....CANCER SUPPORT THREAD !!

I'm sorry to hear this Kaitie. Hopefully a lot of medical advances between now and then will bring a much rosier future.

CM, hope you visit soon so you can see everyone's posts!
JJ

Last edited:
I havn't read all the posts here but thought I'd jump in and share my recent experiences. I had skin cancer 5 years ago, they removed a mole off my foot and told me it was ok. Fast forward to about a month ago, my rooster nipped me on my left calf and it swelled up really big, the dr thought it was an infection, put me on antiboiatics and sent me home. It got so bad and so sore you couldn't touch it. The dr put me in the hospital for a week on iv antib, then they tried to do a needle aspiration and couldn't get anything out of it. They finally did surgery to remove it. They sent the sample off to the Mayo clinic and it was cancer. So I'm scheduled for a PET scan next week to see if it has spread any where else and have several dr appts. My DH is freaking out, and I'm trying to keep it all together until we know how bad it it.

It is comforting to know that there are others out there who understand what we are going thru. I will be reading thru the posts here.
I'm very sorry to hear you have to fight this. I hope your pet comes back clean like mine did! Prayers!

Just a little update on my mom's friend Tana. They found the cancer in her stomach now. It is breast cancer, but it spread it has spred too far and is inoperable. The doctor told her she may have 10 years (she will be 55 then ) if the chemo works the way it should. She will be fighting this for the rest of her life though.
What a thing to have to face at 45! My heart is breaking. She has my prayers for sure!

My wife just lost her Aunt Patrica, March 27th 2012 stage 4 cancer. She turned down the chemo. She was 79 years old when she went to heaven.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear this Kaitie. Hopefully a lot of medical advances between now and then will bring a much rosier future.

CM, hope you visit soon so you can see everyone's posts!
JJ

I'm here! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Ya'll know me, I may stumble, I may even fall, but I'm always going to claw my way back up. The spots are 15mm, much too small for them to do anything with at this time. So I just keep plugging away.

Homewise, Lurchie and I are hoping to be able to buy a used travel trailer when we get our income tax. We are trying to do some kind of workout plan with our bank on the house, but unless they are willing to cut the payments in half, there is no way we are going to be able to stay here. We just don't have it. I've been checking out craigslist and have seen that you can get a pretty nice trailer with all the things you need. We don't need much, shoot we lived in a 1 room motel for almost a year.

Has anyone heard from Deerman?

Hi CM. I am really sorry about the house situation
sad.png
. Glad you have such a dedicated person to go through life's travails with. I noticed that Deerman posted on the 'Light a Candle for Deerman' thread, and here too I think. He was back from hospital and sounded like he was doing okay. JJ

Just checking in on everyone and let you guys know that I'm alright. Did I hear right, Deerman is missing. I hope he is O.K. Just found today my mom is going to pay for a trip for myself and my[will be 21 years old daughter to spend the summer to Panama city. WOW I did say I was going to have fun this summer and I think we will have fun She wants to go clubing.I'm really excited. Prayers for all of you. Luv u guys
S@R@

Alright I have to come clean. I did not before because it has frightened me. This month when I was getting my port flushed I could feel something hit my lungs, That night and 9 other days I had a sore throat and fever. It was almost as bad as the side affects off the red devel. but not as bad. I did not talk to a doctor until going 9 days like this. I talked to one on call. I had already started taking amocillion but the doc on call said to bad you don't have the majic mouthwash and I'm like I have some. I did start to feel better after taking it. Tomorrow I will call my oncologist. I want to know what happened to my lungs.
Prayers to you guys and me to.

S@R@

I'm here! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Ya'll know me, I may stumble, I may even fall, but I'm always going to claw my way back up. The spots are 15mm, much too small for them to do anything with at this time. So I just keep plugging away.

Homewise, Lurchie and I are hoping to be able to buy a used travel trailer when we get our income tax. We are trying to do some kind of workout plan with our bank on the house, but unless they are willing to cut the payments in half, there is no way we are going to be able to stay here. We just don't have it. I've been checking out craigslist and have seen that you can get a pretty nice trailer with all the things you need. We don't need much, shoot we lived in a 1 room motel for almost a year.

Has anyone heard from Deerman?

You can come right on up here to visit me! I have a small yard,..but enough to place a trailer...
My house is also small, but i do have spare bedroom right now, and you are welcome to it until you can get your feet under you again.....
We can all squeeze in here and our puppies and cats can play together... :p
I'm serious.. talk to me,.. let me know what you need.
You have been through sooo much,.. you dont need this extra stress... :hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom