So what did you cook today?

Quote:
ep.gif
th.gif
droolin.gif

Tonight was Pepper Steak

(Sliced Flank steak browned with sliced onions and peppers, then simmered in tomato soup with Worcestershire and fresh ground pepper, and served over rice)

It may not be Momma's Recipe for Pepper Steak, but it works for us
smile.png

today is spaghetti, garlic bread, and salad simple. we are under a winter storm watch they are giving us 20 + of snow between tomorrow and sat. so I am gonna have to go get the have to haves at the store today. we already have kerosene, colman fuel but have to make sure I have coffee, milk bread you know the have tos

I made rice pudding from my MILs recipe. It is to die for. I don't have actual amts for the recipe.

I use leftover cooked cooled rice. Cook rice in milk (enough to almost cover rice) until milk is absorbed. Add sugar to taste. Cool. When cool slice 1-2 bananas into rice, and add 1-2 cans of mandarin orange segments (drained). Whip a container of whipping cream with some sugar and vanilla to peaks. Stir into rice mixture. Enjoy! It really is heavenly.
wee.gif
droolin.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Good luck with the storm. We're under a storm watch for snow which they expect to upgrade to a warning tomorrow. I'd don't think we'll make it to the Sat morning farmers market.

Last night's supper was

Chicken Picatta (good for using boneless breast from dual purpose roos)
Salad
Asparagus with lemon and garlic
Cheese bread

Last edited:
Sour dough biscuits.......Actually turned out well!!!! I accidentally had left the starter out for 2 days so they were really surprisingly light....

Left over spaghetti.....

Been a busy day.....Hubby is talking hot dogs for supper....I'm talking go to sleep....
lau.gif

Thought it would be a slower Sunday but it was not.....

Hope all fared well through the storm....

Back
Top Bottom