So what did you cook today?

Well leftovers from Thanksgiving are gone.

Made
homemade simple cheese
ice cream (oops it's already gone)
yogurt

Cooking stock for hubby noodle soup.....he's got the snizzles.

Made sourdough pizza crust (from the starter "caught" on the farm)

Will probably add braised pork, kale, mushrooms and then make on just cheese....

Wish the salad greens hadn't frozen......not willing to drive 30 miles to get someother organic ones.....

Maybe will open some pears that I canned to go with the dinner....

I think I'll decorate the table for Christmas and maybe that will color up dinner.....

Well, I'm going to cruise some cookbooks for some new recipes.....

DW had the last of the candied yams today.

I fixed a yummy salmon salad with honey mustard dressing... ... after fasting since Monday evening, it was fantastic.

I made lunch for about 10 co-workers.

Sauerkraut and Sausage (the sausage is made by a German Lady in a nearby town)

but dangit I forgot the to take the pumpernickle bread !!
sad.png

Roasted deer neck covered in bacon, cabbage, potato, carrot boil in a little ham for flavor, and homemade horseradish sauce, and buttered bread. homemade apple pie for dessert.

Everytime I come to this post, I can hungry.....

Okay today's cookings

Homemade Cheese cake from homemade goat cheese cream...It took 2 gallons of milk to make enough for this monsterously huge cheese cake....

Still cooking and looking alright!

Home grown Butter peas (baby limas) casserole (topped with cornbread topping!)

oven fried bunster (pm if you need to know what that is,,,,,don't want to make any one queasy here)

Working on a sauce for the cheese cake and looking for that girdle.....Where did I put it?????

Trying to find something for soup tonight for hubby....He's excited about the cheese cake, it's one of the few desserts he eats....What's that nursery rhyme about Jack Sprat....okay I think I remember it.

Jack Sprat can eat no fat and his wife can eat no lean...
Between them both they licked the platter clean....

My husband is hereby renamed Jacque Sprat....
big_smile.png

Wait till I show him this post.....

Bet that guy will just giggle till he cries!

lau.gif

Last edited:
Today was a later morning cookathon.....after chores....

Cooked a breakfast casserole made with milk, eggs, bread, sausage and of course homemade cheese.

Not one to waste the "heat of the oven", I cooked at the same time

Pound cake

and Vegetarian lasagne.....

I was given some fresh artichokes, so I'm studying recipes!!! I've steamed them before but looking for ideas......Any one?

The best news!!! Hubby is cooking in the kitchen ......Yeah...... making homemade chili.......
So I might just put the portable oven on top of the wood burning stove and make a small pan of cornbread...

Well, I wish some of you lived nearby so we could do a cookin party!!!!

Have a blessed evening and great weekend.

This morning I fixed sasuage eggs and homemade biscuits for supper this evening I fixed shot up chicken with crab boil, butter, and cajun spices on the spanic roaster (vertical roaster thing that goes in the oven makes the juicest chickens, turkeys and cornish hens you have ever eaten. you can cut the chicken with a carrot) mashed potatos and green beans.

Back
Top Bottom