SoCAL RESIDENTS - Post Fire updates if you know what's up

Yes, although I found last year, when both of my horses were in the midst of the fire, that the coverage was just the very same tape being played over and over and over, and very little new information....I was in AZ glued to the TV, sobbing, not knowing if my horses were dead or alive. The taped footage I kept seeing of the area they were in showed homes on the very road where they were boarded on going up in flames, and glimpses of horses running franticly in the dark. Since I couldn't get the local news, and was only getting national news, it was a little removed as well. I like that online I can see when the information was updated.
smile.png

Last edited:
I work for an ambulance company outta Corona. Last night we evacuated a Nursing Home and drove through the 91 while it was half closed. It looked horrible! Just past Corona when your getting into Anaheim Hills there are million dollar homes (the Governator used to live on that hill) you could see them burning from the freeway. Crazy stuff!

well i'm not in pomona, I say pomona cuz its easier to know where I am ..lol I'm in Walnut! Our neighbor Diamond Bar just got evacuated... The news just announced that if the fire reaches the Walnut hills, since walnut is a foothill area, the wind basically funnels through us so thats not good. Hopefully the fire gets contained before it reaches the hills. So far I'm okay...

I just called my mayor and the chief sheriff said the wind is moving south west to Rowland Heights. If anyone lives there please be ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that now, after so many fires in the last few years, we SoCal folks just hold our breath and wait it out to see where the next fire will be.

My Dad's house was gone in a flash in the 03 fire, they had to evactuate the newly rebuilt house in the 07 fire. Last year I could see a local mountain burn from my living room window. There was no way it was getting to where I was, but still, to be watching it all night was amazingly scary.

There are now some fires in Mexico, right on the boarder and the smoke is visible from those to the south.

Hopefully the slowing winds help today for everyone. Prayers for the families and the firefighters.

Ugh. That doesn't sound fun, Carri. Are you smelling the smoke? It has gotten stronger here in the past half hour or so.

Since I last posted, the temperature is the same, but the wind has slowed to 5mph and the humidity has risen only slightly. At this time on a normal day, the humidity would be 4 times what it is right now with the nice ocean breezes that normally roll in.

Back
Top Bottom