Some scumbag stole my identity!!!!!!

Quote:
Pay the $30 bucks for an immediate 3 bureau credit report. It will tell you if they
have opened any accounts in your name and show any inquiries. Notifying the
bureaus was a good start. PULL YOUR CREDIT RIGHT NOW!!!

Do you have an American Express Card?? They have a good service.

Truecredit.co will give you a good 3 bureau report tonight.

Don

Yes you can get a free credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com and you don't have to wait. You will get it online instantly. You do not have to buy anything nor do you have to subscribe to anything to get your free report.

I check our credit reports annually through this website.

Take care and good luck.

Tami

I have already notified the credit bureaus. Why would I pay them to do it? Have you guys done it and is it worth it? The check people like telecheck also have been notified. I don't know how they have gotten my SS or if they have.

Quote:
I can't comment on that site because I don't know it. I know the law was passed
that anyone could pull their report annually but it was rolled out on a state by state
basis.

Truecredit.com and other service will notify you immediately if any changes occur on
your credit. They also let you pull a new 3 bureau every 24 hours.

Lifelock.com notifies the 3 bureaus that you are a clent and makes it so YOU MUST BE
CALLED before any new account is opened for you.

Checking accounts have their own rules as does each state. I doubt TX is liable for
those bad checks.

Quote:
I'm not sure what notifying the credit bureau will do exactly. I'm not trying to
endorse lifelock.com. I'm trying to help YOU DO DAMAGE RECOVERY.

I DON'T CARE HOW YOU DO IT JUST PULL A 3 BUREAU CREDIT REPORT NOW TO
MAKE SURE THEY HAVE NOT OPENED UP ANY OTHER ACCOUNTS!!!!! MOST BANKS
REQUIRE A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER TO OPEN A CHECKING ACCOUNT, IN FACT
THEY MUST DUE TO HOMELAND SECURITY LAWS!!!

DON'T WAIT.. DON'T DEBATE... JUST PULL YOUR REPORT NOW, PLEASE!!!

Regarding the SSN, yes you bet Homeland Security requires that you give your SSN when opening an account. This means either A) they've somehow gained access to YOUR SNN, B) they are using THEIR OWN SSN, or C) they are using SOMEONE ELSE'S SSN What does this mean? If they have yours, you could be in for more trouble than you think you're in already. You can do A LOT more with someone's SSN than you can their DL If they are using their own, you've NAILED them! If they are using someone else's, you may very well help out some other poor individual who's getting ripped off. Regardless, pull the credit report. Since the accounts are in YOUR name, you've got access to them. Find out the SSN used to open the account. Use it to your advantage BUT HURRY!

Quote:
There can be a lot more involved than just notifying the credit bureaus. That's a good start, but you want someone on your side who knows what they're doing in the event that you need to clear up problems that you don't know about yet. You said you lost your DL a couple months ago -- that's enough time to buy a car, lease property, go on a cruise..... all in your name when the bills come due.

Take everyone's advice: sign up for LifeLock and purchase copies of all 3 credit reports. You need to look at everything that shows up from the last 3 months.

Not all criminals are smart -- someone got a hold of Citibank's credit card numbers several years ago and was having fun at the expense of others, including me. They managed to lock me out of my online account access by changing the password and mailing address (when my password didn't work, the next step was to give the zip code associated with the mailing address, when that didn't work I knew something had been messed with). I was able to get the address the idiots used when they hijacked my account and pass it along to the company they had "purchased" $7000 worth of equipment from (on my credit card). That address still shows up on my credit reports, though it's my fault now for not getting the dispute letters in the mail.

I don't have copies of these checks written to WalMart. Even though I recieved letters from telecheck stating that I spent all that money on the same day at the same watmart, I don't have a routing number or bank name of anything. Of course, telecheck is closed probably til Wed now. I did pull my credit report and don't see any opened bank acct opened recently, heck it does not even show our bank acct that we opened less than a year ago here in a new town. Anymore suggestions are welcome guys, thanks for helping.

Banks accounts don't show up on credit reports. Sometimes you may see an inquiry.
It sounds like you may have lucked out here. Some idiot, took you DL, went to a bank,
came up with a bogus SS and opened a checking account. He/she then proceeded
to right bad checks.

I do not believe you are responsible for those. It may be prudent to contact an
attorney. What could happen is they send you into collections for the bad checks, then
it would show up on your credit report.

So:
Check inquiries. Make sure there isn't anything strange there.
Who sent you the bills? Telecheck or Walmart. Telecheck buys checks and
collects a small percentage so they probably own them now.

Just stay on top of this. It sounds like you won't have a bad Christmas after all.

Don

Back
Top Bottom