Some scumbag stole my identity!!!!!!

That's really strange that it wouldn't be showing something you opened within the last year..... Yeah, you'll probably have to wait til after Christmas to get someone on the phone. I feel so bad for you! Good luck!

I hope this person is FOUND and PUT IN PRISON. HE/SHE WILL get what they have coming to them. Karma is a...well you know.

Last edited:
Quote:
I feel very good for TXMama. This is the same thing as walking away from a bad accident
with no injuries. If they had her SS# she could be spending the next TEN years cleaning
up the mess. This is a hassle and no fun but it could have been a lot worse.

As for the accounts, regular bank accounts (checking, savings, IRA, CD's) don't show
up on a credit report.

Try Telecheck tommorrow. They have to be open. This kind of thing is a lot more
popular this time of year.

I hope everyone reads this and gets more serious about their own assets. Identity
Theft ruins peoples lives but it can be prevented.

I've had people attempt to make charges on my credit cards. Luckily, the card I
use and trust the most is American Express. They caught the fraudulant charges
and called me.

Checking your credit cards and bank accounts online daily or every few days can catch
things quick.

a client of mine had her deceased husband's identity stolen. this all happened 5-6 years ago... i'm not positive of all the details but this is the jist of the story ~

when her husband passed away someone took out 5 credit cards in his name and ran them all up to the limit of $25 G's each.
by the time she found out she was $125,000 in debt.
she had no way of proving it wasn't her who committed the credit card fraud.
she ended up having to re-mortgage her house to pay it off.

if i were you, i'd be placing a phone call to my attorney. i'd also be calling ALL my current credit card banks and alerting them to the situation.

good luck!

Argh...I'm so sorry. My husband had his wallet stolen while he was buying popcorn at a concession stand at a drive in movie. They spent 1500.00 before we even knew the wallet was missing, they had video of them at a gas station and at a G.I Joes store in Milwaukie Oregon. It took a few weeks but we did get everything straightened out.

Good luck and try not to let this totally ruin your Holidays. I sure know how you feel.
hugs.gif

That dumb person at the DPS office should have issued you a new TDL number. My husband lost his DL at Galveston some years ago, and they issued him a new number, since the very same thing could have happened to him. I would be taking a piece of their hide out as well!

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you. I would be so freaked out if I found this had happened to me, so I can only imagine what you are going through.

I just found this on the DPS website...hope it helps.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/driver_licensing_control/idtheft/idtheft2.htm

Last edited:
this actually would be a good moment to remind people to photocopy everything in their wallet. (and keep this copy in a very safe place)
front and back of your driver's license and credit cards especially, but also insurance cards.

this way in case you do lose your wallet or it gets stolen you have ALL those phone numbers to call in one place.

I had my purse stolen about 7years ago. It raised heck with my life for 2-3 years after that.
I shut all accounts down immediately but it did not stop them from writing checks and oh boy did they go to town!!!

They bought new tires at sears...twice to the tune of $300 each time. A couple hundred bucks spent at a smoke shop, A couple hundred bucks spent at a liquor store, A couple hundred bucks spent at an office supply store and finally the biggest thing..they stole a bobcat from a rental place using my Drivers Lisence and a blank check. The drove it into a uhaul and never returned it......I got a phone call from the place on a monday afternoon, they must have rented it for the whole week-end and the people wanted to know when I was going to return their bobcat.......eerrr, uuhhh....I"m sorry to tell you this, but you've been ripped off.
th.gif

I was not repsonsible for any of the money that these stores were out, but I had to continually be sending the police report out to collection agencys, because that is what the stores would do is turn the debt over to a collection agency...... The check mate machines at stores refused my checks for a couple years after that....I spent twenty minutes on the phone with the check mate people one time and was still not able to get it straightened out....once again the victim is victimized some more by being made to feel like a criminal and having your money refused at a check out!!

Also wanted to add that the Wi. DOT would not issue me a new number either.... I was very angry and thank fully they did not get any tickets or some such thing and turn my lisence over..that was my fear, and then I'd have to battle with the insurance companys when they would want to raise my rates for a bad driving record. Well like I said it didn't go there, but what the heck is the big deal about giving a new number!!!

You may need to have copies of your police report so you can send them out to collection agencys.

Good Luck.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom