Somebody shot my rooster in head with BB gun-need urgent advice please!

sue the idiot's pants off!

The law is funny about these things where a .22 or shotgun is legal a BB gun is not
and considered cruelty to animals
tongue.png

It's pouring down rain today, and Rick is not standing up.

Of course he's right out in it.

I just checked on him, and we are just a little worried.

Could the rain be making him feel bad ?

I need urgent help again,

We are redoing the pen and coop, and the door came down on one of the silkie chicks and flattened him.

His intestines are hanging out of his rear, I pushed them part ways back in.

Is there anything to be done, I can do? I will look it up as soon as I have time.

Really thinking again chickens are just not for me.

So sorry to hear about what happened to your hen.
Did you rinse the intestines before inserting them back in?

I don't know the extent of the internal damage. There could be internal bleeding. Is she standing? How's her behavior? As an emergency treatment at this point, I would look for broken skin, clean up + treat, give systemic antibiotics and a pain reliever. I can't remember if you have an avian vet nearby, so if your hen makes it to Monday, you could take her there for a radiograph to see if there is a lot of damage. Can you give her fluids under the skin?

That's all I can remember for now. I am sure the very experienced folks here will post soon. Hang in there!

I do hope she pulls it through. I'll be rooting for her. Good luck!

It's one of my chicks, and I think he's a roo.

I took a clean Qtip and pushed them back in.

He acts very tired, he's wrapped up in a towel. Can I give electrolytes IM?

Thank you so much for the advice, I feel so guilty right now...I know accidents happen, and we were working hard to make their coop and pen better so we won't have a repeat of what happened to our roo.

I think one of his legs might be broken, but I don't want to mess with him too much because of prolapse.

I really don't want to put him down!

Back
Top Bottom