Somebody shot my rooster in head with BB gun-need urgent advice please!

Good to know he is getting better
big_smile.png

I checked in the peeps tonight after I locked the coop because the chicks just all the sudden got very quiet after begging to go to bed for awhile, and I couldn't believe Rick had all 4 of them, 2 sex links bigger than him and two almost mature silkies under and around him in one if the nesting boxes!

The two hens were totally seperate. Is he just a very special roo like we are convinced, or is this normal!?!

We are thinking it's a rat, whatever it was went underneath the fence and attacked, and went back out that way.

There was a lot of feathers, Rick's especially at that spot.

Now all the wire is buried big time, 2 feet into the coop. We still know anything can happen.

Is it normal for roosters to sleep with "chicks" like that?

Yeah, the hens are a lot more receptive to him now, one eye and all, lol .

I love him, and now I can pick him up and love him anytime. It's so funny though, when I put him down he grumbles and tries to act tough, like nobody saw that right?

We are thinking it's a rat, whatever it was went underneath the fence and attacked, and went back out that way.

There was a lot of feathers, Rick's especially at that spot.

Now all the wire is buried big time, 2 feet into the coop. We still know anything can happen.

Is it normal for roosters to sleep with "chicks" like that?

Yeah, the hens are a lot more receptive to him now, one eye and all, lol .

I love him, and now I can pick him up and love him anytime. It's so funny though, when I put him down he grumbles and tries to act tough, like nobody saw that right?
hahaha! I've read about broody roosters, maybe he's becoming soft in his old age

He has one that's normal, and the bad one is still part way open. I'm going to work on it this evening to see if there's any progress.

He's such a happy guy now, I has to get my husband to get a pic if us.

I'll try to take a close up of his eye tonight.

Back
Top Bottom