South Carolina

Since you are in waterloo you could bring them to TSC in laurens saturday...maybe you can swap or sell them there. There is a poultry swap there 9am to 11am!

Hello everyone..Sorry I've been away for awhile. We've had lots of interesting things going on over the past month or so. We've been super busy building our babies their beautiful coop and we've also been struggling with getting our above ground swimming pool open. Thankfully DH and I were able to complete both task, with some help from some awesome friends of ours. Now we have a great coop for our wonderful babies :) Also during this time my DH decided to bring home 4 Barred Rock week old chicks. Now our total is up to 12 chickens. However, we're having a small problem. To begin with all our chickens we purchased at the local feed store were to be all pullets. Well of the 8 chicks we bought we ended up with 3 roosters. In addition, the 4 BR chicks that my DH bought we had 2 roosters in the mix. So now we have 5 roosters and 7 hens. We only have one coop for all the chickens. So now our dilemma is that we have too many roosters. So I'm at a loss as to what to do. I'd love to find someone willing to trade for some hens, but I don't know where to start. Any suggestions?? Please help!

Ok guys...I need some advice and want to remind about the swap meet saturday at the TSC in Laurens SC! We are doing a peoples choice show and were discussing how to do it...I am thinking that people can sign up at the bake sale / check in table and get a number to hang on thier entries cage! That way we can keep our bird with us...the folks can stop at the table and vote for the number they liked best...we would count votes at 10:30! I need to know if that sounds easy enough?? Also if you are coming and are blessing us with a baked good donation can you PM me here or on FB or email me at [email protected] so we can plan accordingly? I appreciate all who are coming and if this goes well we are planning a bigger one in fall with some kids games and rides! I am more nervous than when I was asked to teach the clinic!!
hide.gif

Awesome Job on the coop and I'm sue they will love it!!

It's finished, it's finished! Yahooooooo!

I still have a few little things here and there to tweak and adjust, but the roof is on, the roosts are up and the next boxes are in and level. We treated the wood with waterproofer, so I will have to wait a few days before I can put the girls in there. I am really excited. I think it turned out great. Not too shabby for $100 total :) I hope they like it.

Alice (Easter Egger) @ 3 weeks

Esme (Golden Comet) @ 3 weeks

Rosalie (Silver Laced Wyandott) @ 3 weeks

Bella (Buff Orpington) @ 3 weeks

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!! Well somewhat excited! I'm pretty sure I found homes for all the babies that I'm not keeping. I really just hope they are going to good homes. I was afraid I was going to have to pay someone(Amy) to take them...lol I just hope the ones I'm keeping turn out to be girls except for the Blonde/Blue roo to replace my big Blue JG so in the future if anybody knows of anybody that may want him for breeding purposes PLEASE HOLLA he makes great babies(please keep this in mind) and if I need to post more pics of him I can!!!!!!
Now i to go decide who to keep.

That is awsome news!!!

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!! Well somewhat excited! I'm pretty sure I found homes for all the babies that I'm not keeping. I really just hope they are going to good homes. I was afraid I was going to have to pay someone(Amy) to take them...lol I just hope the ones I'm keeping turn out to be girls except for the Blonde/Blue roo to replace my big Blue JG so in the future if anybody knows of anybody that may want him for breeding purposes PLEASE HOLLA he makes great babies(please keep this in mind) and if I need to post more pics of him I can!!!!!!
Now i to go decide who to keep.

LOOKS SOOO GREAT!! I know you and those babies are going to enjoy it!

I still have a few little things here and there to tweak and adjust, but the roof is on, the roosts are up and the next boxes are in and level. We treated the wood with waterproofer, so I will have to wait a few days before I can put the girls in there. I am really excited. I think it turned out great. Not too shabby for $100 total :) I hope they like it.

Thanks cause I was afraid I was gonna have to do a "Drive By Roostering" by a few of you guys houses!!! lol wait I still may have tooooooo!!!!

HAHAHA!!! Love the "Drive By Roostering idea...HMMMM...who do i HIT???" I am the one with all the Silver Grey Dorking Roosters that need homes...they are so beautiful (to me anyway) I hate to put them in a pot! LOLOL!!! I have sooo many roosters here it ain't funny no more!
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
yippiechickie.gif
Tractor Supply Swap/Show-off in Laurens, SC this Saturday, April 21 at 9:00 a.m. till 11:00 a.m. and a bake sale to benefit Big Oaks Rescue! Come have a great time at this first annual (I hope) Swap/Show-Off in Laurens. SC! And if you are a looker, a swapper, a seller, or a lurker...bake something up for the sale too to donate!
D.gif

AWESOME JOB! I am sooo EGGcited for the girls and you! GREAT coop! You guys have been hard at work! I know they will love it as much as you! Great 2 roost poles at different heights! I kinda like the little tree trunk in there...looks like it might sprout some limbs to play on!!! LOL Your girls are very cute!!!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom