South Carolina

wow Joy. Glad you spoted the critter before the dogs. I would have bet the dogs would have found it quickly and then the rest of the story would be different.

Well something found our guineas outside nest. Ate teh inside of the eggs, left the shell. Glad most of them have been laying in the hen house. Of course, I expect tehy will find another nest for outside. I hate that only because I worry we will loose a hen to sitting on the eggs.

Joy I have a Solid Blue EExJG mix roo(he is so pretty). I have a brown BOxBluJG mix(He is the sweetest and loves to run up to you for treats). I have a BlkJGxBlueJG Roo. These I know are ROO's If I need to post pics of them I CAN. SO you let me know which ones to hold, only because I need to thin the flock RealReal soon. But I would love FOR YOU to get absolutey the first pick.

Hang on to a couple of those roos please. I have one tiny little Dorking chick out of my dozen eggs. If it turns out to be a hen I will take one of those roos off your hands. I sure hope she's a hen.

OK I NEED Help!!!! I picked the four chicks to keep. I need to make sure I have one Roo and 3 pullets. PLEASE help! They are 7weeks old
And they are Big(thanks to Daddy)BlueJG.
This is a my Blonde&Blue Roo(right?) Replacement

This is Lacey(aka runty) Pullet???

(No Name) This chick is half EE and has a really cool red spot on her chest. Pullet?

(No Name) this is the black chick that is half EE with slight partridge markings on it's chest. Pullet??

I have other girls(?) but these are all a little different. I'm pretty sure I have blueEEmix girl, a black jg pullet, BRmix pullet(I need no more BR's way bossy)lol.

Any Help I would Love!!

Oh FYI...I still have the MilleFleur d'Uccle eggs that my chicks laid...Not sure if fertile, but Jasper/Emmett do the deed(wink wink) So if anybody wants to incubate, just holla and hopefully soon we can meet and I 'll drop them off. I really don't want to waste them but I reallly CAN'T hatch anymore! But I would for others to have them if they want some precious babies. Again not sure if fertile but free to a great home!!!! They are from the teddiliza line(Congo). I have to say the parents are AWESOME!!!!

<-----Dad is right there(or atleast one of the dads)

Last edited:
Bring some chairs and boxes for if you sell any!! Be prepared for some of us to yack your ears off!! And if you would like we are doing a bake sale and any donated baked goods would really really be appreciated. We are selling all the baked goods donated for a fundraiser for Big Oaks rescue. TSC keeps a jar in there for change donations for them so we thought we would try and help out also!
I was thinking about coming down there to TSC in laurens this weekend anyways. Do I need to do anything to bring them down there? I really do hate to get rid of them, but we just have too many roosters and can't keep them. I would rather them be happy and healthy instead of fighting with the other roosters in the coop :( I never would have thought that I would be so attached to chickens, but I truly am.

Got home to 3 chicks in a bator I thought was done and almost unplugged this morn...whew...and then found 3 very very shrink wrapped chicks half out in my other bator...2 were the mottled Duccle eggs that I had only 4 of and only 3 made lockdown....I helped the self blue...and what looks like a black mottled Duccle with little trouble...start on the blue mottled duccle and find unabsorbed yolk...AHHHH...I stopped and put it in the bator half hatched...praying for the best...these 3 chicks have been pipped and half unzipped since lunchtime yesterday...all the others I finally pulled out of the bator this morn and misted the pipped 3 and other couple eggs before I left at 6:45....I REALLY REALLY REALLY want these Duccles
hit.gif
I otherwise had a great hatch...about 85% hatched in 2 LG bators and one had been tampered with at easter by the visiting kids....

very frustrated :( Hatched a few chicks from my own flock and have already lost one. Now I've noticed the little Blue Orp makes a clicking noise when breathing and feels funny on its chest area. Almost fluidy. And the other little bantam is acting weak too..

I'm so over all my bad chicken luck...

It is so great when it goes well...but when it doesn't it is sooo heartwrenching...why do we do this to ourselves
hu.gif
I know how you are feeling tonight...here is wishing and praying better hatching to you!!

very frustrated :( Hatched a few chicks from my own flock and have already lost one. Now I've noticed the little Blue Orp makes a clicking noise when breathing and feels funny on its chest area. Almost fluidy. And the other little bantam is acting weak too..

I'm so over all my bad chicken luck...

Thanks! Seriously when it rains it pours..I haven't been able to update on here in a while..but I lost my d'Anver roo last weekend..and had to make the tough decision to put my last pullet down due to her coming down with whatever the others had. Obviously it was contagious. I tried treating it. Nothing helped..not even antibiotics. I loved them so much. Now I'm having problems with my chicks. Just makes me feel like giving up sometimes..
hit.gif

I have to believe it'll get better!!
Quote:

Joy I have a Solid Blue EExJG mix roo(he is so pretty). I have a brown BOxBluJG mix(He is the sweetest and loves to run up to you for treats). I have a BlkJGxBlueJG Roo. These I know are ROO's If I need to post pics of them I CAN. SO you let me know which ones to hold, only because I need to thin the flock RealReal soon. But I would love FOR YOU to get absolutey the first pick.

lau.gif
Yancy, you are so nice! I do appreciate that.
big_smile.png
You know that I am QUEEN of roosters, right? I mean, 75% of what I hatch is roos (not really too much of an exaggeration). My farm name is "Joyful Sounds" because of all the noise around here. Having said that, I was actually considering the blue Jersey Giant because I have only one blue JG hen with my black flock and I'm not getting any blue chicks. I'm wondering if I could add a blue rooster into my flock, mine are pretty friendly birds and usually take to younger birds without much bickering. So let me think on that Blk JG x Blue JG roo, okay?

Back
Top Bottom