South Carolina

In the morning Saturday, April 21, 2012, 9:00 a.m. till 11:00 a.m.!!! COME ON OUT!!!
thumbsup.gif

Glad I asked! I might stop by-with my camera of course!
lol.png

This is the TSC located sorta kinda across from Walmart? And I think next to the Sav-a-lot?

I really have not dropped off the face of the earth. Randy's dad was in the hospital for 10 days, then here for a week, and it has taken another week just to start thinking straight again.
How I wish Lou Ann and I could go in the morning. It would be so much fun and we are going to need chickens soon. However, we both have a busy day planned, including a Greenville culinary history tour, which she gave me for Christmas,
We swore we were going to get started chicks this time, possibly even 8-10 week old ones, but we are now discussing young ones again. It is just so hard when we need hens to buy straight run, but we may take our chances (I even stayed away from TSC during chick days so I wouldn't be tempted!).
I hope to be back on here again on a semi-regular basis. I don,t think I am even going to try to read the 270 posts I have missed!

I will be at the Chicken Swap tomorrow at the TSC in Laurens. Bringing along my DH and kiddos for the ride as well. I'm super excited.. Bringing along BO roo's for the swap. I wanted to bake something, but I ran out of time :( Can't wait to meet everyone tomorrow.. I know it's going to be a great day!!

I just wanted to stop in and say "Thank You" for having us this morning at the chicken swap. We really enjoyed ourselves and met some wonderful people. We even made some really awesome friends as well. Unfortunately, we brought our 2 BO roos back home with us, but they were thankful to be back home in their coop. We were even fortunate enough to add a beautiful and loving Americana to our feathered family, and our once empty brooder is now occupied by some precious peepers as well. Attack of the chicken math once again LOL.. But it gives my DH something to do by building a new coop for when our new baby peeps are ready to go outside. He loves to build things so he is happy, and I'm happy to have some new peeps in the house. So overall we had a pretty awesome day. Glad we were able to get out to the chicken swap and meet everyone.

Thank you so much for coming...I hate I could not slow down long...between all the questions...bake sale ...and my SON...it was a busy day...I enjoyed it though and I think we had a decent group. I did get a lil grumpy at first but I finally got my son to realize he did not have to call my name every 3 seconds and we were rockin!! LOL...My nerves were shot but once everyone settled in I felt better! Phonemans boys both placed 2nd and 3rd in the show and Jesse won first with Punkin...I wasnt going to let him enter but then Dixe wanted to show her Sumatra off!!! It was great to finally meet you and Kris and Robert in person!! I ended up bringing home almost as much as I sold...also thanks to Phoneman!!
celebrate.gif

I just wanted to stop in and say "Thank You" for having us this morning at the chicken swap. We really enjoyed ourselves and met some wonderful people. We even made some really awesome friends as well. Unfortunately, we brought our 2 BO roos back home with us, but they were thankful to be back home in their coop. We were even fortunate enough to add a beautiful and loving Americana to our feathered family, and our once empty brooder is now occupied by some precious peepers as well. Attack of the chicken math once again LOL.. But it gives my DH something to do by building a new coop for when our new baby peeps are ready to go outside. He loves to build things so he is happy, and I'm happy to have some new peeps in the house. So overall we had a pretty awesome day. Glad we were able to get out to the chicken swap and meet everyone.

Thank You Sam for putting this all together. It was a pleasure meeting so many, BYC folks as well as others. COngrats to the winners, there were so many nice birds there, made it hard to choose.

We were lucky enough to sell all but 1 of the 6 we took. Poor Cricket, is lost at home and seems to think we are now its flock mates. We tried to put her with the 4 week old, but Cricket wasnt being nice. SO now Criket needs to make friends with our older flock, which she has been with for a couple of weeks, but she isnt to sure of them. I am sure all will settle soon. As for our singleton, well she needs to learn to be a chicken. Cujo tried to challenge the older red hen, and well was quickly put in her place, then again by Cricket. I think CUjo needs a couple more weeks to grow before introducing her to the rest of the flock.

Hope there will be more folks there next time, but for a first time, it was a sucessful swap.

clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom