South Carolina

Welcome! Glad you found us and glad to have you! Lots of us in the area when you go to lookin'. Hope to meet you sometime! I am towards Donalds but get thru Waterloo a lot. My Daughter lives that way (dixiebeast) and there is momd29 hailing from Waterloo too...lots close as well...some from Gray Court, Hickory Tavern, Hodges, Cross Hill...etc!
thumbsup.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Thought I'd let y'all know that papaschickens is my wonderful DH, George. I persuaded him to sign-up and get his own account after we attended the chicken swap at TSC on Saturday. Now he too can feel a part of the chicken crowd instead of just listening to me gab on about this place :D..

What a great time I had at the 1st TSC swap in Laurens! Time went by far too quickly! LOL Met some great people from here (in person finally) and met many more that just enjoy the fowl habit as we all do! Hate a few that wanted to come couldn't make it...we missed you all! Maybe the next time!

Met momd29 and her crew...your kids are such cuties and sweet! Phoneman and his son's were awesome too...they are so nice and such great young men...I know you have to be proud! Saw Pink breifly...glad you came out! Met KrisH and RobertH...great couple of people for sure! (Careful KrisH...rumor has it he has hacked your password and may be planning some impersonating...lol! btw...awesome Dobie!!!) Chatted with a really nice lady with an amazing frizzle LF...enjoyed talking with you and thanks for the tip on the straw (and sorry I am aweful with names)! Enjoyed talking to the man with the bunnies! Who was that with the "lap" hen,,,What a beautiful girl! So many others that I hope to see again!

A big thanks to the TSC in Laurens, SC for hosting us...they were so accomodating and very nice! They put forth great effort to make it enjoyable for us "chicken people"! They not only gave us their lot but also gave prizes and trophies for our people's choice chicken show!

Samantha (aka Dixiebeast) put a lot of effort and time into getting this organized and co-ordinated to make this happen!...THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

Keep an eye out everyone...rumor has it we'll do it again there in the fall!

Thought I'd let y'all know that papaschickens is my wonderful DH, George. I persuaded him to sign-up and get his own account after we attended the chicken swap at TSC on Saturday. Now he too can feel a part of the chicken crowd instead of just listening to me gab on about this place :D..

Ahhh,,, Sorry I didn't pick up on that! LOL!!! wait...I think I hear him hammering out that new coop...LOL! I enjoyed meeting you both and your family!

No worries.. LOL.. Yeah he is back in the yard today hammering. Hoping this crazy weather holds off so he can get a good bit done today. Thankfully he has several weeks to get it done before our newest babies have to go out. It was really nice to meet you and the other wonderful people at the swap the other day. I told the DH that it was great to have people who are interested and just as passionate about their flocks/farms as we are.

Yeah momd29 is my wife. I am so glad to found some friends that can share there knowledge about chickens. I know a good bit but not a whole lot.

We had a good bit of rain here today. I still can't figure out why my chickens insist on staying out in the rain!! I had let them out to free range earlier in the day and unless it was pouring they just stood out in it! I'm pretty sure I have my first broody this year too. My big blue orp hen stayed in the nest box most of the day and was still there this evening. Maybe I'll give her some call duck eggs to hatch for me!

Back
Top Bottom