South Carolina

I really appreciate the info! Let me ask you this then: you said you've got a wheaten rooster with blue wheaten hens... That just means you'll get some blues and some regulars for offspring, right? I'd love to be put on your list for eggs, I hope I can wait that long! I'm [email protected]

Last edited:
I really appreciate the info! Let me ask you this then: you said you've got a wheaten rooster with blue wheaten hens... That just means you'll get some blues and some regulars for offspring, right? I'm getting excited, please tell me you have some eggs!
smile.png
Statistically speaking, I should get 50% wheaten and 50% blue wheaten...but statistics are only good over very large numbers and I don't plan to hatch that many....at least not without a visit to divorce court first, cuz my dear hubby would kick me out! ;)

These are a few of my wheaten/blue wheaten pullets at the show in Anniston, AL in October...The pullet that you see on this end took Reserve Champion AOSB. She is one of the hens in the pen with the wheaten cockerel I posted earlier.

I just hatched out some silkies,they go for about $7.50,plus my daughter keeps bringing me eggs.She got into fancy chickens.Ill keep hatching them too to start with I just wanted a few different kinds of quail,and had a pair of golden pheasants orders.I went into hospital and cancled the pheasants.I also cancled the chucker chicks I had ordered,30 chick miminum.They showed up anyway.Was with my daughter getting chickens and saw the a#m,s.Had 13 orginal,they got conjunctis,bird pink eye,lost 7 or 8..,With those 3 hens ive hatched about 80 chicks,they are laying.Ill find a buyer,some other people here sell them dressed and wrapped.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of any shows in upstate SC and any info on how to enter, what to look for in a show chicken, advice? :cd

Thanks for your time,

Brandon from Easley Sc

Does anyone know of any shows in upstate SC and any info on how to enter, what to look for in a show chicken, advice? :cd

Thanks for your time,

Brandon from Easley Sc

Thanks for your time,

Brandon from Easley Sc

I think there's a show in Edgefield in February. I can't give any advice on showing but your in the right place for good information
1f60a.png

Does anyone know of any shows in upstate SC and any info on how to enter, what to look for in a show chicken, advice?
D.gif

Thanks for your time,

Brandon from Easley Sc
Hi Brandon

There are two links that might help you. The first is for the Poultry Show Central listing for South Carolina. http://www.poultryshowcentral.com/South_Carolina.html. This is where the different clubs list their upcoming shows. When you click on one of the listings, then you'll open a page that has details about that particular show.

The next is the Ameraucana Breeders Club Meet page. http://www.ameraucana.org/meets.html. This is where we list all the upcoming meets that are Ameraucana Breeders Club sanctioned, so members can earn points, prizes, ribbons, etc offered by the Ameraucana Breeders Club. We are at most of the SC shows.

When you've found a show that you're interested in entering, download their catalog (or contact the listed Show Secretary, if it's not posted yet), fill the form out and send it, with your entry fees in. Be sure to check what the requirements for health certifications are for that show. I think most shows in SC offer Pullorum/Thyphoid testing at the door, but it's good to check.

As far as what to look for in a show chicken, the best way to start is to: 1) buy a Standard from the APA, study it for your breed. 2) Join your breed club - it is a great resource for learning about your breed from those that have it, breed it, and are showing it. 3) Attend some shows - with or without your own birds. Meet some of the other exhibitors, look at the birds.

Hope this helps - good luck!

Oh, I meant to add: Here is the list of upcoming shows, including one in Edgefield, SC

Feb 6 - Low Country Classic, Blackville, SC
Feb 27 - Ten Governors Classic, Edgefield, SC
Mar 19 - PeeDee Poultry Show, Lake City, SC

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom