South Carolina

Quote:
See, I just spread the love!
lol.png

They are considered blue, if I remember them correctly. I haven't anything with lav in it except for my Ameraucanas.
I am glad you like the smooth Frizzles. That is why I breed for type. Even when not Frizzled they are still super birds! And with Frizzles I can breed lots of neat colors! If it isn't typy, it doesn't stay in my breeding pens.

Have you seen my new Marvin? I hatched him out and raised him from my breeding program. Though I do not care for his color, his type is fantastic! Ignore the hen head behind him. She is forever trying to mess up his photo shoots.
lol.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/9332_marvin_friz_10-11.jpg

Very pretty!
love.gif

Quote:
And to think, there are some people that think the Wyandottes are ugly!
ep.gif

To each his own but Frizzles and Sizzles are super soft. They make absolutely wonderful children's pets and they can see without being trimmed around the eyes.
My Wyandottes are a bit large for kids to pick up and so many people are turned off by their combs, like wise with the Silkies.

One thing I can say about my farm is that for everyone that visits they find something to their liking. And I love them ALL!
celebrate.gif

Quote:
ep.gif

To each his own but Frizzles and Sizzles are super soft. They make absolutely wonderful children's pets and they can see without being trimmed around the eyes.
My Wyandottes are a bit large for kids to pick up and so many people are turned off by their combs, like wise with the Silkies.

One thing I can say about my farm is that for everyone that visits they find something to their liking. And I love them ALL!
celebrate.gif

I agree, the Wyandottes Combs lookd funny at first to me.

I still have a hard time on the chicken varieties with feathered feet, just looks funny and I think of the mud and all that gets on their foot feathers.

RobertH

Quote:
ep.gif

celebrate.gif

i did not mean anything negetive about your birds. i for obe just can not get used to the feathering one this type of chickens i am sorry if i offened your frizzle or sizzles

Quote:
ep.gif

celebrate.gif

I agree, the Wyandottes Combs lookd funny at first to me.

I still have a hard time on the chicken varieties with feathered feet, just looks funny and I think of the mud and all that gets on their foot feathers.

RobertH

LOL
Feathered feet can be a problem. Moonchild (Yancy) was here yesterday and remarked on my white Cochins which were out in a muddy, no grass pen. Some birds just are able to stay nice.
Now my Silkies.....not so much. Miss Muffet lives to play in mud no matter how many times I tell her that white Silkies should stay much cleaner. She hasn't gotten the idea yet. Though Fluffy seems to stay fairly clean.
I think my Cochins are just very clean birds. It does amaze folks that visit and see them living in tractors or dirt pens. My dirtiest Cochin is the one roo left with the Muscovy. Poor fella can't keep their mud off of him.
sad.png

Quote:
ep.gif

celebrate.gif

i did not mean anything negetive about your birds. i for obe just can not get used to the feathering one this type of chickens i am sorry if i offened your frizzle or sizzles

No, no! I did not take your remarks as negative about my birds!
big_smile.png

I was just remarking about everyone's ideas about different breeds and how they feel about them. What works for one does not work for another. I like to explain why a breed does work, if I own it and know why. There are breeds I do not understand.

It took me a while to get used to the Muscovy breed. I am a huge Runner duck lover and could never see myself owning the Muscovy but once I got my first 2 and dealt with them every day I saw what all the fuss was about. Now I absolutely love the breed! MOF, I am wishing Miss Janelle needed a reason to come down this way so I could get that lavender Muscovy pair her friend has. I would love to have them! Don't know why I need more but they are such awesome ducks!

I'll be in Cherokee, NC on Tuesday.......but that's the closest I will be for a while!
wink.png

P.S. I need to get pix of that blue mottled girl I got from you last year. She is finishing up her molt and although way overmottled (as expected) she is darn tootin GORGEOUS.

Quote:
Yeah! I agree. They do look cool.
I think the colored Frizzled collars look Victorian in a way.
This isn't my best photo but it gives an idea of how they look around the neck.

9332_marvin_man_friz_10-11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom