Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

I filled an egg shell with spicy mustard and put it in the nest box the egg eater lays in. I hope it works or I will have to give her away.

It's just killing me that Shirley Feed has baby chicks. I want some. The town said they won't be back unless I get another rooster complaint. AGH!!!!!!!! I think my mom would leave home if I brought hime chicks. :-(

The house next door to me is up for rent... I will never complain about your roosters. Neither will anyone else, since so many people around here have them. It would be great to get a chicken person next door!

I have 30 in my brooder and 28 going into lockdown and 4 doz eggs on order. My husband just rolls his eyes at me now. He no longer says a thing. I will only be keeping about 20 of these for the new pens... speaking of which, I need to get back outside and dig some post holes. Wheeeee!

Very nice meeting you also Lszajko...And your son and husband...had any more chicks hatched by the time you got home?
I forgot to ask you where you live in New Windsor. My mom lives in a townhouse in continental manor. Have a nice Sunday.
It was nice to meet you too! Did you get to meet new chick?
3 more hatched while we were gone. Another hatched overnight; it had part of the eggshell stuck to its back and it was weak. We gave it some sugar water and a warm bath to remove the egg (it was pretty stuck) and now it seems fine. Still waiting for the last egg to hatch, if it hatches...

We live off of Rt. 207; about a mile or so from Stewart Airport.

Thanks to everyone who came out to the chicken event yesterday. It was allot of fun to meet all the nice peeps and we have a ton of ideas of what to do to make it even better next time. This one was aimed at a pretty beginner chicken keeper, but next time I think we are join to have more for the more experienced poultry population.

Good Evening~

Just wanted to share pictures of the new babies. All 7 eggs hatched which was a pleasant surprise. One had some trouble getting out of the egg. DH used some warm water to pry it off. The chick was a little weak at first but it seems to be improving...making a LOT of noise right now.

Mr. Blue the Roo is the baby daddy (he's a blue orpington) and The Mama Dramas are the buff and black orpingtons. Can't wait to see how they feather out.

Hope you all had a great day
woot.gif

Good Evening~

Just wanted to share pictures of the new babies. All 7 eggs hatched which was a pleasant surprise. One had some trouble getting out of the egg. DH used some warm water to pry it off. The chick was a little weak at first but it seems to be improving...making a LOT of noise right now.

Mr. Blue the Roo is the baby daddy (he's a blue orpington) and The Mama Dramas are the buff and black orpingtons. Can't wait to see how they feather out.

Hope you all had a great day
woot.gif
Congrats! They are adorable. I hope they are all pullets... wouldn't that be wonderful?

Thank you! In a perfect world they'll all be pullets! One nasty roo around here is plenty. He attacked my son today and left a mark on his back. His days are numbered.
Well, let me know when you are ready... I think I will be processing in July. I was hoping for June, but I think my current chicks won't be ready until late June, and I am away that last week, then there is July 4th... maybe after that.

Back
Top Bottom