Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

There are sales cages, auctions, and you can usually pre-order from breeders. Alot of people do that so they don't have to pay shipping.
The last show I was at, we came back with 28 more than we went with. And only 22 were chicks.
One heck of a ride home!
Sooner or later, someone will start a thread for Delmarva. It will be a giant bulletin board of what's happening, who needs things shipped, picked up,
who's bringing what, who needs a ride, meet ups, etc.

I checked my town code on-line first and interpreted it to mean that chickens were ok. Then three months after putting four chickens in I talked to the building code guys about a fence I was putting in, and he told me chickens weren't allowed. I'm still not sure he's right, I think the wording is vague enough that you could interpret it either way. He was nice about it, told me he didn't want to know my name or where I lived, and as long as my neighbors didn't complain I'd be ok. Bottom line, don't piss off your neighbors and invite complaints and you can do whatever you want. Which I take to mean no roosters, no free roaming into other peoples yards and make sure to share any extra eggs.

wink.png

Oh NO !!
acording to this islip town PDF thing I found on line

http://www.islipcda.org/College Woods/Town House.pdf

Read # 10 if u go to link

Says something like

No poultry, cows, horses etc are permitted to be maintained

Makes no sense to me, I googled town of islip chickens

Other links seem to say different than this, but this "looks" official
maybe it's fake.

Thanks, Roberta. Sorry to hear George isn't fitting in with your gang. I had hoped he'd do okay. If you find him a nice gal at Delmarva, I'm sure that's make a difference! Hmm ... wonder if I can get away that weekend. Guess that depends on how successful the March 9 hatch is ... If I get 4 or 5 baby chicks, I probably don't need to be going to a show and potentially adding even more! LOL

Great shots, George.
I was just holding Georgie this morning, he just doesn't fit in. Poor boy, he stays in the coop all day.
I figured by now he would have found his niche.
At least he isn't all beat up, he seems to do OK.
Maybe I will find him a nice girl at Delmarva.
That show is in Harrington, Delaware March 31-April 1, and is the JBBA club national meet.

I just came from Abi Bengel's house, picked up some gorgeous paint Silkie chicks.
She's a local, and has posted here.
Thanks, Abi. We had a blast at your place. I brought Vera along for moral support.
But it seems, as long as you love chickens, you are a friend, whether you know it or not.

I hope everyone is feeling better.

Hey, Suzanne... When is the next time you are going upstate?
I promised Rich chickendude chicks, and messed up on a delivery date.
Maybe we can get you guys together.

This isn't a Town of Islip town-wide code, this is a regulation for a specific housing project in Central Islip -- the College Woods Town Houses. A lot of planned communities and housing complexes have restrictions like that which don't apply to the town as a whole.

Oh NO !!
acording to this islip town PDF thing I found on line

http://www.islipcda.org/College Woods/Town House.pdf

Read # 10 if u go to link

Says something like

No poultry, cows, horses etc are permitted to be maintained

Makes no sense to me, I googled town of islip chickens

Other links seem to say different than this, but this "looks" official
maybe it's fake.

This isn't a Town of Islip town-wide code, this is a regulation for a specific housing project in Central Islip -- the College Woods Town Houses. A lot of planned communities and housing complexes have restrictions like that which don't apply to the town as a whole.

byc maintains a list of town ordinances. search islip town ordinances right here. i think it's 15

Back
Top Bottom