Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Hey, all ... Hope everyone is doing well as the weekend rolls in!

Anyone around Long Island looking for a few chicks? I have a pair of Barred Rocks and a pair of Rhode Island Reds available ... according to the folks at Shirley Feed, where these chicks came from, they only ordered pullets, so as long as the sexing at the hatchery was accurate, they're supposed to all be females.

Since my egg-hatching experiment only yielded one successful hatch, I didn't want that baby chick growing up alone and being introduced to the rest of my flock alone in a couple months, so I decided I'd buy a couple more. Of course, since New York State law requires them to sell a minimum of six chicks in an order, I had to get six to get the two additional birds I needed.

The upshot is I've got 4 baby chicks available, so if anyone in the Long Island area could use them, and wants to meet up this weekend, we can work that out.

Shirley Feed charged me $30 for the six of them, so $5 each. If someone wants them *and* is willing to reimburse me, that'd be great, but I just want to make sure they go to a good home, so the money isn't a deal-breaker for me.

Send me a private message if interested.

Thanks,
George

lau.gif

You think I would look forward to a day like this once in a while so I could get some work done inside. But I don't ..I was born to work in the dirt.At least that's what I tell them when I have to go get the occasional manni. They take one look at my hands and think I work as a mechanic ...I definitely give my husbands family something to "cat" talk about after I leave any kind of get together.(Black sheep) or should I say "black chicken"

lau.gif
I think we are all like minded in that respect, I've never been a girlie girl either!

Question: What do you all think of this design as a tee? I can customize them with your name on them. Yea or Nay?

You think I would look forward to a day like this once in a while so I could get some work done inside. But I don't ..I was born to work in the dirt.At least that's what I tell them when I have to go get the occasional manni. They take one look at my hands and think I work as a mechanic ...I definitely give my husbands family something to "cat" talk about after I leave any kind of get together.(Black sheep) or should I say "black chicken"

Thanks for the complements on the brooder. I built that one over three years ago as our main coop. Then chicken math came into play and had to build the larger new coop last spring. It works great as a brooder. I have 2, 350 watt lamps in there and the temp droped down to 58 deg. I got nervous and checked them out at 5:30 this morning. They were all doing just fine. I may lower the lamps to get the heat closer to them. Tough little buggers aren't they.

Back
Top Bottom