Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Just went outside to lock up the girls and both my young NN's were still out. The black one Beaky was staring into the fenced off veggie garden making some strange noises while Charlotte the white one was standing off to the side staring at her.Took a while to get her to come away and head in.I realized she was making the weird noises at a little bunny.Now only if the bunny was scared of her. She's the runt and doesn't even get respect from a rabbit. OMG I just realized ;She is named after Beaky Buzzard on the Bugs Bunny cartoon.I crack myself up

Thanks so much for all the comments and condolences about Loretta. She wasn't the friendliest of my flock -- in fact, she was aggressive and mean to any new comers, but she was still a good bird who did what she was supposed to do, and was a member of our little tribe here. I'll miss her, and I hope she brings the struggling dogwood tree some help.

Roberta -- thanks *so* much for the offer of some JB chicks! That is so kind and sweet of you. I appreciate it, but I'm going to hold off for the moment ... I have some travel coming up, and the 6-week-old babies I have are about ready to join the rest of the flock, so I'm going to hold off on having a separate batch of babies my neighbors will have to watch when I go away in May!

George

Oh well the eggs I wanted sold for $157 lol
I wasn't gonna pay that much. I can buy a pair of
Legbar chicks for $75

I am in deep chicken poop. I bid on and won 6 White Orpington eggs AND 6 Light Sussex eggs. Chicks, anyone?

And I can swear I hear noise coming from the Lav Orp eggs in the incubator. I know I'll hear them by Tuesday, but now?? Or am I just crazy.

That, too.
lau.gif

Well to cheer me up I candled the orpingtons
Day 6 and I see definite veining in 6 of them !!

I didn't even take the out of the incubator
to do it. So the other 2 may be ok. They don't
look clear at any rate. I suppose by day 14 I'll
Know if I should take the out.

Thinking about bidding on silver spangled hamburgs
(anyone like those ?)

Maybe golden Campines
And Welsummer.

??? If I do any one want chicks?

I'm gonna be on the side of the road with
the other 2 crazy chicken ladies selling chicks

I bought an inexpensive styrofoam bator for
Lockdowns cause my hatch dates are staggered

I need to live on a farm.
This chick hatching is heavenly !!

So what's the phone number for chicken anonymous ?

I have therapy Tuesday but I'm not telling about this.
Hahaha.

Last edited:
Yeah but I hear bad things about them on the
Legbar list. He doesn't even have eggs yet
You get put on a list and when eggs get layed
Then you get them. And he won't show pics of his
Adult birds.

and he says his list is like 20 weeks long

Last edited:
Heading back to eBay to make a watch list
for future eggs. Next time I wait and bid last 5 seconds
I did that this time but my max was not over $157

Bidslammer! I watched to see when they put in my bid on the white orpingtons - 4 seconds from the end. Sometimes they're so quick I get the message that I won before I get the message confirming my bid.

And I totally wouldn't go with someone who's taking money without eggs - and without showing pics of his adult birds.

Back
Top Bottom