Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Went to the dollar store today after therapy. Picked up shelf liner to put in incubator to hatch chicks on. Also got some little baskets to separate the prettier eggs so I know which chicks I might want to keep.

60e84011-cf48-ecc6.jpg

My Orpington chicks seem so tiny.
I don't remember my other chicks being so small. I gave them gro gell. They wouldn't touch it. Actually got the stink eye. They are eating the chick feed so I'm not worried. My last chicks loved gro gell so I bought a few packets. These guys. Nope. They like scrambled egg tho. Yum.

- Karen

We're going to the Poultry show. I'm taking my husbands Volvo . LICHICK28 and my friend Loretta are going . I have room for one more if you would like go. I live in East Islip and LICHICK28 is in Commack.Would save you gas and tolls. We can also fit stuff in the back.Are Chicks "stuff"? "I'm an excellent driver"
I will let you know before Saturday. I may be going with a friend Laurie who keeps chickens in Smithtown. Suzanne might come with us too.

I'll know for sure tomorrow whether or not we are coming, we should all exchange cell numbers at some point.

Yeah. Two were only 1/2 developed one was fully developed
but never pipped and one was a very early quiter.
I messed with the eggs to much I think. Adding new eggs
every week. Candling too much. Adjusting temp. Etc.

Now I'm trying to ignore the bator. I gotta stop opening it
every day. The temp is good. The auto turner is going.

I'm gonna hatch in the styrofoam one cause it has no turner.
My Ameraucana are in lockdown well starting tomorrow
I'm only gonna open it tomorrow to add a little water.

I think 2 of my 6 eggs are not viable. So I'm expecting 4 chicks
They were shipped so it might not be all my fault. Haha.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom