Special Treats!!

So far my girls LOVE cucumbers, tomatoes, squash, bell peppers, frozen fruit, frozen corn, stale bread, BOSS (black oil sunflower seeds), yogurt, leftover squash casserole, and big, fat, green tomato horn worms that I pulled off my plants (I took great delight in feeding those suckers to the chickens). We are having spaghetti for supper tonight so I plan to boil up some extra noodles for the girls to have as a treat tomorrow morning. So far the only thing they don't seem to like is mango and peach slices (out of the bag of frozen, freezer burned mixed fruit I gave them). Their former owner tells me that they wouldn't eat green beans either but I haven't tried them on any yet. It's fun giving them new treats and watching their reactions.

Any fruit or vegetable's makes my girls go crazy!!!! Leftover corn cobs, extra spaghetti, and co-slaw are all some of the things they love to! Don't waist the extra leftovers, they'll be sure to eat it! : )

I save the cracked eggs to hard boil. I then mash the eggs with thier shell and feed them to my young Perkins.

I give both the pekins and the hybrids a raw swede to keep them entertained. They also love cooked rice, couscous and spaghetti, grapes and any weeds or cuttings from the garden.

My hens like grapes, tomatoes , watermelon ,cabbage , lettuce, corn ,carrots , yogurt , white rice , bananas, and a lot lot of other things.

My girls not only love any fruit and veggies, whole or scraps, bread, grains ect., they go CRAZY for leftover meatloaf, pot roast, ground meat and venison leftovers. Between them and my dog, I never have to throw away food. Of course, I don't feed them poultry! Thankfully I'm bigger and can outrun them--Otherwise I might be on the menu too!

Is it safe to give them the leftover chicken if it's still on the bones? I'm always terrified my dogs or cats will get ahold of it and the bones will hurt them....do they not hurt chickens? If so, I know exactly where all my future chicken carcasses are going to go.

Is it safe to give them the leftover chicken if it's still on the bones? I'm always terrified my dogs or cats will get ahold of it and the bones will hurt them....do they not hurt chickens? If so, I know exactly where all my future chicken carcasses are going to go.

I give my girls flock everything we don't eat on the bone or not hast seemed to affect them any at all

Back
Top Bottom