Spirit - the amazing grey dewlap toulouse gander!

So Iian,
How is Spirit today? I just forced my geese in the barn to tonite. Rain,sleet,coming tonite and tommarrow then losts of snow. I want them to get used to coming inside instead of my chasing them for an hour and freezing myself or risk the falling down fo them or me. GOD FORBID they or I get hurt, it just isn't worth it. I hope all is well and everyone is staying warm.
They'll get use to it quickly and it'll be so much better for them and mostly your peace of mind
big_smile.png

They'll get use to it quickly and it'll be so much better for them and mostly your peace of mind  :D

Thanks,PSue!!!
I just went down there to the barn and everyone was sleeping like babes. I told my DH that he has to help me out each night until they will just walk right in. HeHe. I'm gonna get some sleep. Have a good night everyone!!!

Good morning, friends.
frow.gif

I am happy to report that Spirit made it through yesterday with no pain meds and did great! The weather was especially warm last night and he complained about going inside. I think he's making wonderful progress in his recovery.

Triplell, I love the barn picture. Your geese look warm and safe inside it. Hope they adjust to the new routine without too much trouble.

Good morning, friends.
frow.gif

I am happy to report that Spirit made it through yesterday with no pain meds and did great! The weather was especially warm last night and he complained about going inside. I think he's making wonderful progress in his recovery.

Triplell, I love the barn picture. Your geese look warm and safe inside it. Hope they adjust to the new routine without too much trouble.

YAY for progress!!!!
highfive.gif
Just think how happy he'll be out there when winter is over!

Hi Marty, I know what you mean. The ducks here took one day too. Now the Calls lead the way, it is so funny though cause they get run over by the Rouens. This is all 7 of them and they will have the run of the barn for now with the ducks.
Wow, what a great space! I wish the other 75% of my floor was ground, Id love a bigger area. Mine only get a 12 x 20 area on north end, but its tight.

Thanks guys! Spirit continues to do well despite the windy weather and no pain meds, and insists on staying outside for as long as he can. Hope this storm that is rolling in goes by quickly and he is not forced to stay inside this weekend. We have had unseasonably warm weather after the two bad early snow storms, which I believe has helped in Spirit's recovery. I know it cannot last too much longer, but hopefully we will have at least another couple of good weeks.

I'm so glad he's adjust, Iain. Poor laddie desearves a break.

We're going to make good use of the lovely weather, and I'm going to see if the vet has time to take a look at Lucky tomarrow. She isn't at deaths edge or anything, but Julia informed me (my 7 year old) that if Lucky dies, she was going to have her stuffed like my bros goose so she'd always have her. That sort of decided me, cause she must be worried inside her heart that luckys going to die, so I guess we'll see if the vet can set her to rights.

Also, Babys follow up appt was very positive today, she's just another goose now. And, now that she feels better, she doesn't want me to pet her so much, she wants me to let her out with the other goosies, so they can pet her. LOL

Back
Top Bottom