Spirit - the amazing grey dewlap toulouse gander!

Yes :weee Although now I am thinking I have one that don't see real well. Last night when I wa putting them all in for the night onw kept flying/running into the fence. THe door was wide open for him top go inside. I had to capture it to put it inside. THe other one is walking just fine now, I am thinking it slipped on some ice. But thanks for asking Iian.

Yes :weee Although now I am thinking I have one that don't see real well. Last night when I wa putting them all in for the night onw kept flying/running into the fence. THe door was wide open for him top go inside. I had to capture it to put it inside. THe other one is walking just fine now, I am thinking it slipped on some ice. But thanks for asking Iian.

Glad he is doing better. Hope your other one does not have vision problems and was just disoriented by night lighting. Does he seem to have vision issues in the day?

Yes, He never goes of by himself. When they run with wings spread out he is touching the others. He does seem to see some what though. I am not really worried as long as they remain calm. I alway's talk to them when I am coming close to them.

My blind goose presented differently. When picking them up in Cali, my hubby specifically picked her out and said she reminded him of eeyore, because she was not running wildly with the flock when people got close. She seemed like she was in her own world. She walked with her head cocked slightly to the side and lowered at a slower pace. Since she has learned her pen and lives with very gentle companions, she is much more confident and even playfully zooms around flapping wings. She has her favorite buddies, but still somewhat marches to her own drummer.

My blind goose presented differently. When picking them up in Cali, my hubby specifically picked her out and said she reminded him of eeyore, because she was not running wildly with the flock when people got close. She seemed like she was in her own world. She walked with her head cocked slightly to the side and lowered at a slower pace. Since she has learned her pen and lives with very gentle companions, she is much more confident and even playfully zooms around flapping wings. She has her favorite buddies, but still somewhat marches to her own drummer.
That is just so sweet.
love.gif

He purty much hangs with the Toulouse and the ducks. He is usually the last one to do anything. I am taking forgranted that it is a he as he is started to develop a knob. But I will figure it out when breeding season starts. No matter what he will be in the pen with my one Toulouse that has the growth under his jaw. I don't know if it is herditary or an old injury. I have 3 pens and those two will be in a pen of their own come summer/spring. I have totally fallen in love with them and am hoping to have another female so they can raise me some more. I have to go and get some more feed, the feed store is 35 miles one way so I will write more later.

What do you mean by growth under the jaw? Is it a dewlap or a small harder bump? Can you get a pic?

Hubby and I were just talking about that yesterday. However, it will take a turn here later tonight as we are expecting the storm that hit northern cali to make its way here. Winds have been 30-40 and rising quickly this afternoon. Spirit is doing pretty good, thanks.
big_smile.png
I am surprised how well he is getting around outside in this wind. He is back to avoiding going inside at night and I expect he will be bummed if he cannot go out tomorrow morning because of the weather.

How are Sammy and Missy? It will be fun to watch them be parents next spring, assuming you hop onto the dewlap hatching train with the rest of us.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom