Spirit - the amazing grey dewlap toulouse gander!

I'm so glad he's adjust, Iain. Poor laddie desearves a break.

We're going to make good use of the lovely weather, and I'm going to see if the vet has time to take a look at Lucky tomarrow. She isn't at deaths edge or anything, but Julia informed me (my 7 year old) that if Lucky dies, she was going to have her stuffed like my bros goose so she'd always have her. That sort of decided me, cause she must be worried inside her heart that luckys going to die, so I guess we'll see if the vet can set her to rights.

Also, Babys follow up appt was very positive today, she's just another goose now. And, now that she feels better, she doesn't want me to pet her so much, she wants me to let her out with the other goosies, so they can pet her. LOL
That is so precious Marty, I hope the vet has good news for Lucky so Julia won't worry. And hooray for Baby getting to be with her flock that is awesome.

Yay that Baby is feeling better!!! But, poor Lucky needs to get better for your sweet DD! Please keep us posted if you can get Lucky in to see your vet today.
fl.gif

No vet, he's out of town, and I'm waiting for my bird guy. Shes in no mortal danger. If it comes to it, she'll get a diaper and be a house duck. We all love lucky enough to bring her inside. She can be our special needs girl forever if she wants to be.

Lucky has always been a very special girl! I hope the vet will have answers for you when he returns if she does not start to improve by then! Baby still making solid progress in her recovery?

Marty, I am so sorry about Lucky.
Iian, Yay that Spirit is recovering nicely:woot !!!! The barn in my pics is over 100 yrs old and was miss treated until we bought the farm 21 yrs ago. I just love it, the barn is also the 2nd oldest in our county and the only one with the orginal silo. The geese are spending their 3rd night in and I hurded them in by myself. I had trouble with one she kept running into the fence. I am thinking she is having trouble seeing. I plan on keeping and eye on him/her.

Marty, I am so sorry about Lucky.
Iian, Yay that Spirit is recovering nicely:woot !!!! The barn in my pics is over 100 yrs old and was miss treated until we bought the farm 21 yrs ago. I just love it, the barn is also the 2nd oldest in our county and the only one with the orginal silo. The geese are spending their 3rd night in and I hurded them in by myself. I had trouble with one she kept running into the fence. I am thinking she is having trouble seeing. I plan on keeping and eye on him/her.
If it was getting dark that may have been her problem, I don't think they see well at dusk or dark.

I guess I never thought of that. Of the seven geese I have I am thinking I have 3 females and 4 ganders. If they start laying I will have to seperate them. I will put the remander ganders in the isle of the main part of the barn.

Triplell, glad your group is getting used to their new routine. Is your injured one better?

Back
Top Bottom