Spring 2017 first timers post!

just had to share this pic. One of my babies that hatched on Sunday. I don't know about trying to fill my little incubator with 7 eggs next time. It got really crowded and the 2 that hatched Sunday made it hard on the ones that held off till Monday. One baby never made it out of the egg, I think it got smothered. Maybe next time I'll just try 5. Or ditch the mini incubator. Lol

just had to share this pic. One of my babies that hatched on Sunday. I don't know about trying to fill my little incubator with 7 eggs next time. It got really crowded and the 2 that hatched Sunday made it hard on the ones that held off till Monday. One baby never made it out of the egg, I think it got smothered. Maybe next time I'll just try 5. Or ditch the mini incubator. Lol

Aww hello there precious little one, welcome to the world!

5 of my 7 eggs hatched! They're precious
smile.png
I named the pretty 1st one raylan, the gold one is boyd and the the black ones are ava, wynonna and willa. I moved them in with their orpington big Sisters yesterday and all is well. But now my incubator is empty
sad.png

Haha! I know, hatching is so addicting. Sounds like you have a good incubator. Congrats on your good hatch!

Haha! I know, hatching is so addicting. Sounds like you have a good incubator. Congrats on your good hatch!

So do you think they're easter eggers? There's a very light yellow one with a few random black spots, a gold one with a brownish head stripe, and three black with gold accents. Even cute little blonde eyebrows! All I know is that my son brought home a dozen eggs from the flea market and the guy he bought them from said americauna. But it seems like those 2 breeds are mixed up often?

So excited! In addition to our 8 gold sex link we got last week, we now have one Delaware, three RIR, two Wyandotte, one australorp and three bantams. They were part of a straight run but we tested them. Hopefully no roos. Pictures will follow!

Hi everyone! So excited to be getting started with our chickens this year! We've researched for a year and finally have everything in place to start our flock.

I picked up a dozen chicks at Southern States on Tuesday (they arrived on Sunday). I have:
5 rhode island reds
2 silver laced Wyandotte
2 Americauna easter Eggers and
3 barred rock

We're testing the waters on breeds and my 7yo insisted on the ones that laid blue eggs. Lol. She and my 3yo son are in love already. I'm Kind Of WORRIED ABOUT 1 of my reds. She had pasty butt twice and she's still a little lethargic. We'll see how she fares after some electrolyte solution and probiitics. I still have lots to learn and look forward to this journey

Back
Top Bottom