Spring 2017 first timers post!

Just saying hello from a newbie of a few minutes ago. This is my first time ever on a blog and I am looking forward to learning with other like minded chickey fans.

Our first group of chickens are arriving tomorrow. We are getting three lavender orpingtons they will be four days old when they arrive. We are hoping they are all hand but I'm thinking at least one is a roo!

This is my first time raising Chicks, though I have had chickens before they came to me grown. I have quickly become the crazy chicken lady to all my friends! Haha

Today my husband brought home 3 more chicks. These come to me because the public school system thinks it's a good idea to hatch eggs & send the students home with a chick! A man he works with knew I was raising chicks & asked if I would take in the chick his son brought home....some how 1 turned into 3...Chick math!
Problem is I don't know what kind i they are. I know one is a RIR....not sure about the other two! Help! One is really light yellow...almost white! The other is the cutest black & white chick ever!
[/IMG]

This is a better picture....can someone tell me what kind of chicken this baby is?

Looks very similar to our Black Australorps. Here are a couple updated picture of our chicks from this week. As of yesterday, they were 3 weeks old.
Oh yea....that definitely looks like my new little one. Maybe as it gets older I will be able to tell more. Thanks so much!

My kiddos are about a week old now---and since I have only 2 and they are both yellow....I'm still just enjoying getting at least daily pics of them.....they are too sweet. Dixie Chic is the more friendly of the two and loves to crawl onto my arm (which makes it harder to take pictures but....oh well!) Miss Prissy the more shy one will get up there but only after she is sure I am not going to eat Dixie

Back
Top Bottom