Spring 2017 first timers post!

Attempting the MHP! A few meaties and a layer got "lost" since this picture was taken and I had to put them back under the MHP. Hopefully they don't get all confused again, it'll be mighty cold tonight!

Yay!

I can't get any pics to load for some reason, but my babies are getting wing tip feathers already! They were shipped to SS on Sunday, so I was thinking they should be 5 days old. Would I be right in that thinking?

P. S. I just realized there is a BYC app.

THERE IS AN APP!?! YES! Thank you for that info!

As to your babies... sounds about right... My EE's were a week on Wednesday and they started showing wing tips really well a couple days prior to that. =)

First time getting chicks. What do I need to have on hand (I live in the country not close to any stores. Of course I have brooder, shavings, chick starter. Curious if I need electrolytes, vitamin B, Nutri-Drench, Poule-vit, etc...

We also live in the country. I am stocking nutri-Drench, save a chick electrolyte packets, eggs for hard boiling (for my weak day olds), cotton pads, q tips (for pasty butt), olive oil or coconut oil, blue kote, mineral oil.. I am adding things to my kit as we go. If you put 'emergency kit' or similar terminology into the search bar here, there are a lot of posts about what to stock in your "must have/emergency tool box".

THERE IS AN APP!?! YES! Thank you for that info!

As to your babies... sounds about right... My EE's were a week on Wednesday and they started showing wing tips really well a couple days prior to that. =)

Curious if you guys can get into the app? I can't seem to get logged on, but if I just go to BYC in Safari (on my phone) and log in there.. it works just fine.

I didn't like the app. So I deleted it. Then I called up Google, logged into BYC from there, and then "instructed" my phone to put it on my home screen. Now all I do is tap it and I'm here. And I also put it in "desktop" instead of "mobile.'

Curious if you guys can get into the app? I can't seem to get logged on, but if I just go to BYC in Safari (on my phone) and log in there.. it works just fine.

So far it is working, but I just downloaded it and, as I'm sitting at a computer, haven't really used it. I'll update again when I do!

I have had no problems logging in with the app since I downloaded it yesterday and I've been here tons! Lol. Still can't upload pictures though.

Back
Top Bottom