Spring 2017 first timers post!

Pics

The outside coop is coming together

Very nice! Looks like the coop I have! :p

Yes, bought the coop at TSC and went back toe the fun that goes with it. Then that didn't look all that big so now I put a 10X10 dog kennel up. I'm going to put the bird-x netting over top. It is 14X15 mesh. I hope to keep out the halls. And cyotes.

Last edited:

That's great! That is indeed the coop I have got it last year, it's a great starter coop. Wish I had gone a bit larger because I already have a couple more birds then I technically should... oops stupid chicken math.. haha
I did have to build nesting boxes because my hens wanted to roost on the dividers and broke them. Also did you get the kennel from tractor supply? I was looking to get the one they have that you put together yourself because it's such a good deal!

I got the big red barn from TSC and actually redrilled a spot above the nesting boxes for the perches. They are now high enough off the ground with enough space above for chickens to happily roost. It was so stupid where they originally had them placed.

I got the big red barn from TSC and actually redrilled a spot above the nesting boxes for the perches. They are now high enough off the ground with enough space above for chickens to happily roost. It was so stupid where they originally had them placed. 

Oh yeah, right on top of the pull out tray? I thought that was dumb... actually moving stuff inside there around doesn't sound like a bad idea.. I may do that! Haha

I new to this too! I have the plans for the coop, I know where I want to locate it on my land and even getting a couple of Ducks! I am starting with Black Australorps Im thinking five to start. I will be getting them from a Farm and Fleet here in town the second week of April. I making sure to only get pullets I don't need a rooster at this point!

Here is the coop Im thinking of building and painting to match our decks. http://blog.homedepot.com/free-plans-for-an-awesome-chicken-coop/. I will build a run from cattle panels, PVC pipe, and chicken wire. I also plan on putting wire down under the coop and run to keep the varmints out.

I new to this too! I have the plans for the coop, I know where I want to locate it on my land and even getting a couple of Ducks! I am starting with Black Australorps Im thinking five to start. I will be getting them from a Farm and Fleet here in town the second week of April. I making sure to only get pullets I don't need a rooster at this point!

Here is the coop Im thinking of building and painting to match our decks. http://blog.homedepot.com/free-plans-for-an-awesome-chicken-coop/. I will build a run from cattle panels, PVC pipe, and chicken wire. I also plan on putting wire down under the coop and run to keep the varmints out.

That's a very nice coop! sounds like you'll have quite happy ladies, that's for sure! Also make sure that the area the coop is going in isn't prone to water build up. :)

Back
Top Bottom