Spring 2017 first timers post!

Pics
I'm very proud of him....and am very much looking forward to seeing if his sons end up as awesome as him, when we hatch eggs from the girls.

Yeah I bet! Hopefully they will be.
1f91e-1f3fc.png

Nice mix!  Im expecting a Barnevelder in my bunch next week...we'll have to compare.  I ordered mine from Meyers.  Where did you get yours? And when are you expecting them so we can compare?

Yay for the Barnevelders! I've been wanting one since before I ordered my first chicks years ago, but they were sold out at the time (from MPC), so I'm thrilled one is on he way now! My order is also coming from Meyer. I was hoping it would be here today seeing as we are only about 5 hrs south of them, but sadly it isn't. So it should be tomorrow based on the tracking info!

Yay for the Barnevelders! I've been wanting one since before I ordered my first chicks years ago, but they were sold out at the time (from MPC), so I'm thrilled one is on he way now! My order is also coming from Meyer. I was hoping it would be here today seeing as we are only about 5 hrs south of them, but sadly it isn't. So it should be tomorrow based on the tracking info!
I chatted online with someone from Meyer's I was worried they would take too long to get to me in Ca and they said it would likely only take two days, ship on Monday arrive on Wednesday. So thats 4 weeks from tomorrow.... Seems so far away!

Gary

We are new to chickens!

We are getting our chicks:
2 blue laced red Wyandottes this Friday

Next Friday
2 Welsumners
2 Buff Orpingtons
4 Americanas .. Easter Eggers
2 Speckled Sussex

First 2 weeks in April
2 Salmon Faverolles
2 black austrolorps
3 White Silkies

Will post pics of our coop and run soon!

Absolutely I'm in! I get my first 4 chicks next weekend (the 18th?) and then my final 2 the week after that. I'm getting an Ameraucana, Barred Rock, Buff Orpington, a Sagitta, Golden Sexlink, and a Maran. I'm familiar with half of them. My cousin had several kinds and this is my first time with chicks. I had an Ameraucana, a Barred Rock, and a mutt (that I loved) that I got as grown hens from my cousin, but they entered the circle of life this past fall and supported our local fox. I've got upgrades going on my coop/run, and have a brooder set up in one of my back rooms where my cats wont get to be entertained by them. I'll post pictures as soon as they come. :)

My chicks are en route! Looks like I am getting 4 chocolate orpingtons, 1 chocolate cuckoo orpington, and 3 bbs mottled orps. Can't wait for that call from the post office!

Besides my 4 Black Jersey Giants girls, I am waiting on a Leghorn young man and 3 girls, 4 BuffOrpington girls, 3 Easter Egger girls and 3 Barred Rock girls..... we willbe finished with building our coop in the next couple of weeks and then I have 3 10 month old Barred Rock girls and their Rooster boy and 6 Rhode Island Red Hens about 18 months old that a friend of mine is selling to me to thin out her bunch of ladies and gents... so I have a pretty good start really. :) Oh and I just got the email that said they have shipped this morning! Eeeeek!!:jumpy. Pictures coming in the next day or so I am sure
1f60a.png

Last edited:
Phone rang at 0515 ... chicks!!! Ordered 25, got 27. One of the Silver Laced Wyandottes looks like she won't make it. All the others are running around, drinking, eating, chirping and generally very active. So thankful that they arrived healthy!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom