"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Thank you. Since you've got permission I would set some more
big_smile.png

Glad you've had a good time.
fl.gif
Good luck with all of your eggs. We'll have just as much fun in the May HAL
big_smile.png
I KNOW RIGHT!!!! I see 24 Ancona eggs arriving to my house in the future. I just don't want to have a bad hatch. I feel kinda guilty.

So my last 2 to pop out in April was a lavender D'anvers and a Blue D'Anvers both out on 4/30. There are still 9 waiting to pip, one with a pip waiting to pop... I guess they will be my may babies!

The bad ones are learning experiences.
Exactly, I learned so much this hatch. I diligently misted, observed and documented. I will do it again.

AND! One rockin' ducking did pip a minute ago. And it pipped in the right location in the air cell! So, maybe, just maybe, one will hatch. There is a long way to go but I have a pip.

I KNEW I should have helped that pipped chick!! It started to make a bit more progress so I went to bed...found it DIS this morning!!
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

Don't beat yourself up. It happens. It just wasn't meant to be. Even if you had helped it hatch it may have still died. I have had that happen. Enjoy the other chicks. I hatch out hundreds of chicks every year and I do loose some. It is not anyone's fault, it is what it is.

Don't beat yourself up. It happens. It just wasn't meant to be. Even if you had helped it hatch it may have still died. I have had that happen. Enjoy the other chicks. I hatch out hundreds of chicks every year and I do loose some. It is not anyone's fault, it is what it is.

I know y'all are right - I still just hate losing them
1f629.png
I think I'm only going to have 1 welsummer from the eggs I had...glad I got the 1 at least!

Thought you'd all enjoy my 5 yr old daughter's picture...she said it's a chick in an egg and the point is where it's pipped and going to hatch from (according to her) and the chick on the outside already hatched...
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png

Back
Top Bottom