"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

WE WILL BE SENDING
Private messages OUT
INCLUDING both Donator & Winner SOON!

“Share Helpful Backyard Poultry TIPS”

Random Posting Contest Thread

WINNERS!!!

THANK YOU TO ALL Members who Have DONATED These Prizes!

YOU MAKE THESE CONTESTS POSSIBLE!

JqsTeHgx5PkIr4RwKaEBuYL25rh8vTX4W4BSmBUC3NvH_SSjqk172BZWuiJ1-7EU8knkMCo-UCrOptmvk_aAKCxE9ygVy-YjPsLCAJ-GYGOQ3RGLe0uNCxmvfAROLEKRYTUvzM2A

WE WILL BE SENDING Private messages OUT INCLUDING both Donator and Winner SOON!​

HATCHING EGG Assortment

5 White Crested Sapphires, 3 Crested Cream Legbar,

4 OE (Olive Eggers)

and 3 Crested Barred Rocks

donated by @Sally Sunshine

post #216 Winner @BantyChooks

Cancelled 6 silkie hatching eggs

Member can no longer donate.

GFM - Donated by

post #118 Winner @rIrs roost

6 MONTH GFM

Here are a few of the initial upgrades you’ll get as a Gold Feather Member:
1. Double PM storage space
2. 10 Times more image storage space on BYC’s servers
3. A new title: Golden Feather Member
4. or The ability to choose your own custom title
5. Your username highlighted on the BYC Forum index and within forum threads.
6. First peek at new features and specials before we roll them out to the rest of the members.
7. Access to a private forum to discuss new features and specials.
For a list of all the upgrades, please visit the Membership Benefits Page

2 computer fans, 1 Digital STC -1000 Temperature Controller thermostat with Sensor -

donated by @Chaos18
post #101 Winner @deserteggs22

$10. Cold Stone Creamery Gift Card!

Donated by, @Jessimom
post #214 winner @MESOFRUFFEH

9iVQOGlM2Z3IFJmMBiX6PiXrmQb91IRHKjUOw7pai4S21OnIpGu53TR7wm4eXQhSlRj-OSRwvljud2QhE7S_ctIYtJ5wCJEVNWoCNMqub10qkDk0e4MeDdzszMmzxgFRlc48VEY0

s0llYNDPDqpOvhxQ0mzlps72AO0fp-TUsvI815pOeZLamBB-cX1ljm5XTh-6btlEoAO52t1AGWW5yu8su98befaX8s9a3r1w8xq87mvEDk3EEZib8OhrBN8IdAZMnDrleLgBK7Ra

24" handmade Rustic Wooden Rooster -

Donated and Made by @Sally Sunshine
post #145 Winner @Brittsplace

4l6-Se29eprwtLfcsgOb78uicMflXGvTebsN0fZO9MGtNzkhxfEnNbDBClA56hgDQlcEyflzJA2ky2HSdM5zyTbnLBQtumX9canCJy1ULrf8SVwG-b7VNSo1OESseWevKBDXe3IA

BYC Promo Pack

donated by @DwayneNLiz
post #121 Winner @Watermelon123

JqsTeHgx5PkIr4RwKaEBuYL25rh8vTX4W4BSmBUC3NvH_SSjqk172BZWuiJ1-7EU8knkMCo-UCrOptmvk_aAKCxE9ygVy-YjPsLCAJ-GYGOQ3RGLe0uNCxmvfAROLEKRYTUvzM2A

THANK YOU TO ALL Members who

HAVE DONATED these PRIZES!!YOU MAKE THESE CONTESTS POSSIBLE!

WE WILL BE SENDING

Private messages OUT

INCLUDING both Donator & Winner SOON!

"Share a Laugh"

RANDOM PRIZE WINNERS!

THANK YOU TO ALL Members who Have DONATED These Prizes!

YOU MAKE THESE CONTESTS POSSIBLE!

_0JRyuj2E_GG8jXjH6TvmP-jeLXKNp4r2vBYsm9yNQ8ahpSnLa_rhtEIKkZGzDEsyEdzzoxzu80D9_hSAgoYut5FivqczT__PxuaMz5we6hzRcfn_4tEN2zyVjUcmAHVY93xUtiW

6 Copper Marans Hatching Eggs -

Donated by @Laurel Meadows
post #747 Winner @lindalouly

1KGbs3FX2PYPsEQmggO73yVIlBstnXsFVpoQ5e06-zrCSwYE978Z8e_tkmhfMfdaGEU5GJQx0Q_w-D-SGMw60JxAyZrflrlphicw6owazikru6ihQvRW9pk1TXbPq-iuwK8dn5yc
ii4ZAsiqk7ygcxkAVJkvtfx7T0yx-b2ybCZybF6iLbHlgSg0HMbHR3m2_McW14Q74kynTcTP9ume7uN0nk1zPYrGOkakk7_iUDW5CaZPsKAtHQglRm1perEu4iVXbKBXAoEjLlq7
45wuH7p8w0A5hXasB0eL9TR5sAQCI7PQeAgHQbHtgLK_Gfl8b-e4IF3S8c8AV3nfYFPpq2O8GXnWX5S0G3-1n4f31LxwS2Mg0BDiorFaXwIWgxuPziwvDb1V4wDw9XM9k_9hbWU3

Corn Salt and Pepper Shakers -

Donated by @Cynthia12
post #1996 Winner @IHeartPoultry

Donated by @canadachickens
post #787 Winner @Cynthia12

cMIx_UFLXWBjWfaiEVH1Kf500t8OQRHCzZPwBIfqNkwFCq2Xe984HPj6IJrzPnsGdyy414lpIhxyMyDoGVSIOjCDf4nHRtqOl_YnHRRjfsMk6UF1I1bwzZ4dzaGCaM6weKToPuFA

6. First peek at new features and specials before we roll them out to the rest of the members.

Donated by @Chaos18
post #3566 Winner @Wishing4Wings

cMIx_UFLXWBjWfaiEVH1Kf500t8OQRHCzZPwBIfqNkwFCq2Xe984HPj6IJrzPnsGdyy414lpIhxyMyDoGVSIOjCDf4nHRtqOl_YnHRRjfsMk6UF1I1bwzZ4dzaGCaM6weKToPuFA

Pier 1 Chicken Apron -

Donated by @campingshaws
post #2177 Winner @BantyChooks

PtTX_T_jrLz232cWCGlVAflke54j1usqbYh0vjHWiTxEIH1BW9R8rNYIMZRbNaYnIaT-G4Kh_74sN3HOVdZv0eAALV8oQjlrdcZj1B6N-kGZwSRm4PQLypKRK3zooGfrkUFMgJbQ

“Everything Spoon”

donated by @flocktastic
post #351 Winner @chicken4prez

"The Lost (and Found) Recipes of Great-Grandma Henson."

E-book donated by @Penny Hen

post #927 Winner @Roada Red

5OHWNHi6OS4VA_5SrUovJ_YDKuhGHJyInY4QUUdD84ojQYmzHK0ngtIvwnp5YhEL98356M3jV-A1SYt-YinMyxpGLk09EfpEXWD4zPQt-G_Tbi-QAK_E2LD4cRJeZUNs8xyyu_mq

$10. Cold Stone Creamery Gift Card!

Donated by, @Jessimom
post #3756 Winner @wabbit1964

tgBJXdvSQydnLF8-TcGy2iuKbbTO4ORvV5RvgNj5Pdqpbf0B8IzNVmKt-lh8Kj2mibTGK_dZtDT-4qaE_pg8DMM_GBCFwD8zBbdm6VCTZ-JTQ7khsSTo7QK3rxV-1grPN7P6Vuh4

z6LONo8cKpLxeq131rUoyvKdFPzEyGtck2gXsc8_umtAPODlbk82UEBVRU8Sw8RTTOwl-dQ_sviZm4NWUuf6aArM7CZWkN4jcuQ3UoNQfPzBwXqsurgusmpdPtAh54iYOL8_Zd8D

9tOdBnPBAtjbVbYv8VmB0UKYR-9h8iGaK7f5JB9iUdnoHD1gZIKv368v4KydSi98j-gbBCFnJ8YmV9uL6sPucfkP_bv90TIH_4zFVbB8jhULS5pfuwOWiRb3TYi12rXpUa_5Fenq

THANK YOU TO ALL Members who

HAVE DONATED these PRIZES!!YOU MAKE THESE CONTESTS POSSIBLE!

Congrats to all the winners, and thanks to everyone who shared their tragedies, triumphs, humor and good sense in this thread. Thanks also our host and hostess, and those who helped and those who donated prizes!

Next month is my turn! Teehee

Final count on my poults is six. 12 eggs, 11 fertile, 9 locked down, 7 hatched, 6 survived. Of the 2 that didn't hatch, one never pipped internally and I have no clue what happened because it's yolk was almost fully absorbed. Another pipped low on the backside of the egg opposite of the lowest side of the air cell, and I never saw it until I pulled the egg out for eggtopsy. Fluid had dripped from the pip and dried all down the side of the egg, so I get the feeling he pipped in the wrong spot and possibly drowned? I just feel bad about that one, if I'd seen the pip I could have turned the egg upright and maybe it would have made it. A third poult did hatch and seemed fine at first, but it went downhill rapidly, somewhat limp, heavy breathing, and never opened its eyes. I attempted to give it electrolyte water through a syringe, but I think I made things worse since he aspirated more than he drank. It made it about 24 hours before it's final puff in my hands. My poor baby :(

But I do have my first ever poults now and everyone send to be drinking just fine. Haven't confirmed them eating but a couple do pick at their food. They're super cute!

Last edited:
I have a question - my day 21 was 4/29. My eggs started to pip and hatch on 4/30. Currently of 30 eggs i have 14 hatched and fluffing. Two more shells are pipped and working on hatching. When do the remainder get deemed "nonviable"? I heard hatches can go up to day 25. But what if there are mo more pips after today (day 23)?.

I have a question - my day 21 was 4/29. My eggs started to pip and hatch on 4/30. Currently of 30 eggs i have 14 hatched and fluffing. Two more shells are pipped and working on hatching. When do the remainder get deemed "nonviable"? I heard hatches can go up to day 25. But what if there are mo more pips after today (day 23)?.
if the majority hatched and its the same breeds remaining, you can try to tap candle and see whats going on..... see the links below before you start

LOCKDOWN, DAY 18, CANDLES, PIPS, ZIPS

*IMPORTANT INFO= TIMELINES PIPS ZIPS!!! & MARKING AIR CELLS DAY 18, DRAW DOWN, INTERNAL PIP, EXTERNAL PIP, and ZIPPING post #35770

Eggs UNHATCHED at end of Incubation

Step by Step Guide to ASSISTED Hatching - Click HERE
I HAVE EGGS LEFT UNHATCHED NOW WHAT? post #25223

tons more info HERE https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-w-friends-helpful-notes-links-informational-post-links

Back
Top Bottom