"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

I set the eggs. Temp is 99.5 I had the humidity level at 55 before adding eggs, now that they are in there it's shot up to 68-70. What should I do?

Do you always keep your humidity that high for incubation? Try staying in the 30% to mid 30% range. Yep, just try it. :D

"Springing in the Chicks"
2016 April Hatch-a-Long

Hosted by Mike & Sally

Set Eggs ANYTIME in April

EVERYONE is Welcome!

Set whenever you wish as long as eggs are in the incubators or under hens any day in April! To join us simply post in the thread and say hello and what you plan on hatching!

We are certain you will find new friends, excellent incubation help,

laughter fun and a few Cool New Contests along the way!

If you have a question just post it on the thread, Everyone is helpful!

dEFxCqyBDuTydjH_8CJtbSzPVLr96jNH-wDyh7B9jdi2xx9px-YmvdB_fRe6v2V9-DQ83VUpZrPUvAV8hKWhcf6d3dB6DL9Y49FLnnPvtGSu-l3IIzOoezuw52WLvQUr9zM8gShu

NEW COOL CONTESTS!

“Share a Laugh” Random Posting Thread CLICK HERE

“Share Helpful BYC TIPS” Random Post Thread CLICK HERE

Chick Mug Shots CLICK HERE

Selfies with Fowl CLICK HERE

Fowl drawing/painting Contest CLICK HERE

(Lower 48 for winnings only unless there GFMs or donations in your Country)
*If a minor wins, the prize will be awarded to the parent/legal guardian of the winner (and not the minor). The parent or legal guardian will need to have their own BYC account setup and message with their name and address. VOID where prohibited!

DONATIONS WILL BE NEEDED FOR CONTESTS!

No item too small! We can always have smaller items for 2nd /3rd places!

Hatching Egg Donations, Fowl items new/used in good shape, BYC GFM's, Amazon Gift Cert, BYC Certs, etc all great items to donate! What some of us do is purchase an item from Amazon and send it directly to the winner, just make sure they have plenty of the item in stock, example chicken rooster fowl mugs are always cool!

DAnlhysYhia_N5udz2Gk9XE0QxzMCc0Ibncp6o-rWOZatTBtWfPN6WQ5HsvzooROfAjYRW5klAqwIk-F0SatIELLOigQ-oyBJj2UDbmDS5BZioX-kF9ngQoZULrGlRyw5xGKrU5X

BYC Links for EGGS…

Great IDEAS to find eggs CHEAP! post #7755

Hatching Eggs Auction & Bin Thread Click HERE

Crazy 24 hour Auction Thread Click HERE

Hatching Eggs for Sale/Trade on BYC Click HERE

Local BYC Threads in the Where am I? Where are you Section! click HERE

"BE NICE OR LEAVE"

is our motto here

ALL BYC RULES APPLY

I want to do this contest. However do you just enter a photo when they hatch in April or what? I'm a newbie and confused. .

Hey all!

@Sally Sunshine

I have a broody due on the 4th and we are planning another hatch hopefully in April may I join?

We are already collecting eggs for it so we have to do it. :) lol

I've got 45 (give or take one) eggs in a LG. It's all colorful eggs-either Marans eggs (pure, because our rooster is marans) or Easter egger barnyard mix, so it is all blues and chocolate browns. Set yesterday but my temperatures are giving me trouble-any suggestions appreciated!

I've managed to take all the water out and it still says 67%
Maybe it isn't working??? I've only used it with 2 hatches and had success. It's a digital one that reads temp and humidity

Did you have a good hatch rate with the lower humidity? I hope we get some to hatch, wish I had a broody to stick them under.

I always use the lower, and get pretty good hatches. I have 6 out so far. More pips, and zipping.

Wait..lol..just hit me that you were asking about my Serama hatch...I did ok, they were shipped eggs each time. I got about a 45% hatch rate .. and close to that on all three attempts.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom