"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Oh my goodness, how awful! that would be devastating! These are very nice.

That's funny!!!!
Do you actually have a silkie crowing at 8 weeks? Wow!

What a relief. I know how your heart goes in your throat when you have to help one. My little silkie unzipped, but left a couple little areas of the membrane intact around her zipping area. I went in with sharp pencil and helped to separate those areas. I was nervous that she wouldn't get her feet on the ground correctly after that, but she did, and she is adorable. Great job! :ya

How fun!!!! That is the best part! Enjoy! :celebrate

Congrats. Here's hoping for lots of sweet pips! :)

Now that is cute! I love fluffy chicken butts! Ha, I can say that here, but I could never say that at work!!!! They already think I am the crazy chicken teacher! :cd  Probably because I am! LOL
How adorable!!!! :D

I'm not sure what to say. My recent batch didn't do anything until day 23, and then I had a great hatch, but the temp was running cooler than I thought on the bator. Your others have hatched. I hope it is ok. Did you try candling it for movement?

Yes there is slight movement

Hello! Well let's see in my beautiful Sally coolerbater, I have geese and ducks. And in another i have chickens. I also have a broody chicken sitting on duck eggs (and some chicken eggs her lazy Mazie friends squirrelled under her). April 22 is my 40th birthday so i getting myself some jubilee Orpington eggs (yay) if it works out ;)

What a fun bday idea! Make sure you show us your present once ya get it.

Well finally caught up. Been so busy building a new paddock for the goats. Had to drive 50 tpost by hand and put up 500 feet of fencing by myself. Been giving all the coops a spring cleaning as well. Incubating eggs raising chicks taking care of the new ducks. Hands full to say the least. But woke up this mourning to 11 babies in the bator. And a bunch more pips. Will get up pics soon. Good to here from everyone again!!!

Hey BantyChooks! I saw where they are calling the Polish NN cross Chrysanthemums. Because that is what they look like.

Really??? Where? That is cool!

Hope you get a girl...if you want a boy I have 3, lol.

Yeah, no...... I already got roos coming out my ears! :lau

NNxGold Laced Polish

Aww..... Now that is sorta cute! :love
Well finally caught up. Been so busy building a new paddock for the goats. Had to drive 50 tpost by hand and put up 500 feet of fencing by myself. Been giving all the coops a spring cleaning as well. Incubating eggs raising chicks taking care of the new ducks. Hands full to say the least. But woke up this mourning to 11 babies in the bator. And a bunch more pips. Will get up pics soon. Good to here from everyone again!!!

Good morning!

Ta ta for now.... Time to get going! :frow
-Banti

from this morning

oh NO I pray you got that chick out!!

*IMPORTANT INFO= TIMELINES PIPS ZIPS!!! & MARKING AIR CELLS DAY 18, DRAW DOWN, INTERNAL PIP, EXTERNAL PIP, and ZIPPING post #35770

THE ZIP / ZIPPING Final HATCH OUT!
THIS STAGE LOOKS ALMOST LIKE A ZIPPER ON YOUR JACKET!
IT ONLY LASTS UP TO 45-90 minutes for chicken eggs!

The final hatch is very quick compared to the previous gaps/stages! The Chick will continued to push through the shell, using its egg tooth.The chick will take a few short rests, changed position, turn and keep cutting through the shell until its head fall free of the opened shell. It will then kick off the bottom part of the shell and then rest exhausted while its navel opening heals and its downy feathers dry off. HATCH COMPLETE

LL
zipper.jpg

LL

Ok.... I kinda need your guys help. I candled all eggs again and all look normal except for one of my EE's. It's darker and its veins has spread out much more than all the other eggs, but... I kind of think I saw two embryos!
ep.gif
I saw two black dots on seperate sides that were both swimming, I don't know it could be my imagination, but it looked like their could be twins. I candeled all eggs before they went into incubator and none of them had double yolks, so what I'm thinking is it has two fertilization spots??? I have heard of this before but isn't that really rare? Has anyone ever dealt with this situation before? Any advice/help?
hide.gif
are you sure your not seeing the eye and then the other end of the embryo?
how close are the spots?
Quote:
frow.gif

Quote: I am so not sure
on these, but I do love the pure black rednecks NN

Found him! Paint SG.
HIM I am sure of, he is cute!

Ok. Finally a couple pics of the silkie/showgirl/sizzle chicks I am trying to hatch. These two hatched today on day 20. 4 more eggs to hopefully hatch soon.

awwwwww Congrats!!

Soo the little egg that got stuck zipping I decided to pull the top, it was near the edge so barely had to open the bator, then I waited a little while I could tell it was breathing but could only see its back. So after probably 30 min I decided to help further and started peeling the shell very quickly but very gently

Once out seemed sooo happy, put back in the bator to 'stretch-out' will remove in the am, does have a HUGE vaulted skull -Silkies I think this is why it got stuck

Did I do the right thing? I'm so nervous about the other eggs now! The bator wasn't open for more than 5 seconds each time (2x) think it's ok???
I posted for you!!!! please read the timeline info!

clap.gif

Well its almost hatch day for my first Sapphires, plus some CL/EE, due April 18th! Also I coincided it with my hatchery order of Whiting True Blues, due to ship the week of April 18th so they can grow up together:)
fl.gif

So one of my broodies ( i had 3) decided to up and leave her nest today.
barnie.gif
She had been off her nest the last few times I checked on her. So i grabbed her eggs and put them in the bator. Tomorrow was supposed to be day 18.
somad.gif
So we will see if she killed them or not. I candled them and they looked ok, but I'm not sure.
hu.gif
I guess we will have to wait and see. I also set 88 more eggs today and I have 24 ordered "crested" breeds arriving this week from Ideal. By next weekend I should be swimming in chicks!!!!!
jumpy.gif
But I can't help it I love all their fluffy cuteness. We ended up with 7 bantam cochin and 12 LF cochin from last weekends hatch and they are soooo cute!!!
Hope everyone's hatches are going good.
they will be fine!
Good luck!!!
I'm hatching!!! one is out several pips and one zipping
yesss.gif

I need another bator... Neighbor offered me 13 duck eggs but I already have some eggs in!!!
barnie.gif
Sound too stupid to stagger them that much? Hatch date would be 8 days apart.....
hmm.png

Better hurry on the coolerbator!
lol.png

-Banti
yes get moving love!!

candled one egg from under the hen and she was gonna kick my seat end when went to look at another so will call that one good should be hatching any day, will see how many of the 24 hatch.

Tomorrow I candle the incubator for day 10
fl.gif

wee.gif
I got my first pip!!!!!!!!!
ya.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif

Bob and Manny. DJ wouldn't pose. They're named after my oldest son (DJ 32) and his friends from Junior High- remember that hairstyle? Nearly bald on the sides and long and slicked back on top. I think I kept the LA Looks hair gel company going back then!
awwwww yes!!! I know that cut! lmao!!!! you should do a celeb look alike with them

Robert Pattinson​
165382.jpg

attachment.php

cdqe6vlyukzyu4zsr76t.jpg

Hello! I am hatching cream Legbars and Birchen Marans, and Birchen x Cuckoo Marans. I got this fancy new phone, and I've been offline for so long... Not like I ever did anything before but lurk and peruse. Still! I am ready to participate! To be honest, I would look up things on this site years before I even made an account, and even after making the account I didn't say much. Always too busy! Plus I had another baby... I have 3 young kids and a husband makes 4... But I love my birds. I have a small flock of 40, 25 Cream Legbars, a mix of the 1st and 2nd import groups I believe, from Ewecrazy farms, but shipped from Texas several years ago. I have 11 Marans, 3 are English type Cuckoo, 6 are beautiful French Birchen, and 2 are solid black from crossing the Birchen and Cuckoo. I got my Birchen from Rodney Reeves, and their color is soooo beautiful. The rest of my birds are wonderful randomness, adding color and variety. And turkeys! My newest hatch should start pipping any time now... Have rolling hatches for this and next weekend in my ancient 1266 sportsman! And an early 1502 model as the hatcher, since my great uncle put an acrylic door on it. Whoo hoo! Yay!
Dancing around!!!
Welcome!!! and welcome to BYC!!!
hugs.gif
Congrats on another child!! you have to be busy!!!
wee.gif
@Bantambird I pray you see pips soon!!! So excited to have you with us!!! What type of bator do you have?

Back
Top Bottom